Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sunroof Panel

JT

went in to get a quote on a new one today, from toyota. they quoted £150 + VAT for the panel and £40 + VAT for the weather strip. didnt think it was that bad really, but does anyone have any idea how much it would cost to get the panel painted?

ive never done it properly before though. i did the mirrors, but i hadnt just paid about £190 for them. id just want it to be right

Nice to hear that panel is still available off Toyota for AE82 GT despite fact vehicles are 17+.

Personally I think Toyota should pay all costs for rusty sunroofs themselves (fat chance, only joking)!

Reason is (as I mentioned in another post) that the sunroofs on some AE 82 GT's and AE 92 GTi's were going rusty when the vehicles were only 3 years old!

So much so Toyota did a recall in early 1995 for all AE92 GTi's only (but very few owners took up the offer). I did (although sunroof was not rusty) and when I had the car back after a 2 days I noticed that the weather strip was replaced at the very least. For all I know the panel might have been changed; car is now 15 year old and still has no rust at all on sunroof panel.

yeah, looking through the service history, this is actually the third panel its had!! the first one was replaced under warranty, and the other one, toyota contributed some of the cost to, as the original owner wrote a nasty letter about him knowing of at least 3 other GT's with the same problem, and how it had a full toyota history :D somehow, i dont think id get very far now tho, if i went into toyota claiming it was a design fault!

i don't really think id be comfortable painting it myself tho

I recon itd cost U bout £30-40. Thats about wot the dude by me charges for small panels! Sprayin is very easy if you have the right equipment. Specially in white on a flat panel.

Ad

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links