Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

App not working so I removed car. Now I can't connect to ca

Wolfie59

I picked up a RAV4 2019 end January and was able to connect to the My Toyota app but I only got certain features - namely, verified mileage and service history.  I did not get fuel, range or any of the connected services.  My phone is connected to the car, by the way, and I can make calls and play music that's on my phone.   

After spending hours in the car trying to get 'connected services' and fuel and range, I have logged out, logged on, tried to delete and reinstall the app (but it only links back to the app I obviously have on my Apple account, rather than downloading the app from afresh).

I got so frustrated that today I deleted the car from my My Toyota app account, in the hope I can start the registration process all over again.  So now I have got my car on the app, but I cannot connect the app to the car - follow the instructions that says 'Activate your standard services' so I click activate, then I get a message saying 'turn on the car and wait a few seconds'.   I tried this countless times with no connection.  I've even driven the car round the block to get a better 4G connection in case that was affecting the success.  In my on-line account I have verified my ownership using the Version info from my V5/Log Book.

Help.............. anyone got any tips of how I can make the connection between the app and my car for connected services. 

Originally I also got trip stats (sorry left that feature out of the ones I could see).

Had to get the dealer to reset my account.  Now I can at least log back into the app, connect the car, and see Mileage, Hybrid overview/trip data, and service history.  Back where I started, but at least I'm back.  The dealer said to ignore any message I got about 'go to the car to activate connected services' apparently some of them are not compatible with 2019 model.  You'd think the app would be clever enough to work out what features you are eligible for once it has connected to your Car VIN/Registration Number.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links