Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Central locking issue

Saf.A

Central locking issue (Toyota Avensis)

So im having a bit of an issue with my uncle’s Toyota Avensis (2018 hybrid). Its been sitting around for quite a while, since it had an accident and had been repaired, but now the doors wont lock or unlock with the key or the buttons on the driver side door.

The Battery needed to get changed so I did that first and tried to look online what the issue could be, but couldn’t find anything. I first tried to change the fuse, the old fuse was blown but replacing it with a new fuse did not help the issue. Before changing the fuse, all doors would remain constantly locked but after changing the fuse the other doors would open manually. When inserting the new fuse, i did see it spark a little, not sure if that’s normal?

When i press the unlock button on the key, the doors make a sound as if they are attempting to unlock but nothing happens. But the lock button doesn’t do anything.

Does anyone know what the issue could be? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Avensis 2018 hybrid ???!!!

where ?

Hi Saf, What part of the car was damaged and repaired, have you changed the fob Battery,have you tried with the spare key to confirm it happens with both keys.:smile:

Correction: Diesel not hybrid.

Yes I have changed the fob Battery on both keys but still nothing. The front passenger side door was damaged and replaced. I have opened up the door panel too but couldn’t find anything out of the ordinary. 🤔

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links