Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I've bought a Swace

Swacey

57 minutes ago, AndrueC said:

I didn't even know there was such a thing. There's an emergency feature that slams the brakes on if you're about to collide but it's news to me that there is a system that helps you apply the brakes on a normal approach. I would never trust something like that precisely because of my lack of trust and consequences of it failing.

There's an optional system in the corolla - driving assist, which is supposed to help with slowing the car down when you approach junctions/cars/bends/etc.

I tried it once on mine and then switched it off as it was inconsistent.

VW had a similar system on the id3 which worked ok, lift off the accelerator before a junction and the car would slow down based on how far and fast you were going. Theirs worked a bit better.

Does anyone know if the Swace/Corolla has clever headlights that can adjust for driving in France or do I have to use the stickers?

On 5/12/2024 at 10:14 PM, Swacey said:

Hello again, I'm really happy with the Swace now I've got used to the way of modern hybrid cars but today I got a surprise warning pop up on the display. It said something like  'traction battery needs protecting, don't put car in N'.

If I'm at my local traffic light junction and I know I've got a bit of a wait I've been putting it in N and applying the handbrake thinking this is letting the car and the brakes relax but I'm obviously wrong. 

Does anyone know what is going on with this warning? Hopefully my learning curve will also help other people who are new to hybrids...

As other members already pointed this out never use "N"

Fount this in the Toyota App:

Screenshot_20240514-123337.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Swacey said:

Does anyone know if the Swace/Corolla has clever headlights that can adjust for driving in France or do I have to use the stickers?

I started a thread on this recently (for the Corolla).   No joy.   Manual no help either.   My Icon spec car has led reflector headlights.   Not sure about the Swace.   I am resigned to going back to the stick-on beam deflectors ☹️

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

ok so this is really strange and I don’t understand it. I noticed small oil drips on my driveway coming from the front drivers side wheel arch. The oil looked clean. On closer inspection I could see that the inside of the wheel arch was covered in oil but only in line with the rotation of the tyre. I’ve wiped the oil away and have been for a drive but can see no more drips or evidence of a leak. I can only imagine I drove through some fresh oil at some stage but this seems very unlikely as the rear wheel arch and body work is clean. Could it have come from the wheel bearings or brakes or from something above the wheel arch?

Is the brake fluid level correct? possible fluid leak from the brake caliper? 

+1 for brake fluid.   It is the most likely cause given the location of the leak.   I also note that you say that the fluid looked clean.   Brake fluid should look clean on a fairly new car;   oil may not depending upon when it was last changed. 

Apart from the obvious safety issues, brake fluid is nasty stuff and will damage paint if it comes into contact with painted surfaces.    Needs sorting asap.

thanks guys, I'm going to take it in to the dealership to get it checked. If it is brake fluid I'm surprised it didn't raise a warning light. I'll let you know what they say...

On 5/23/2024 at 10:56 PM, Swacey said:

thanks guys, I'm going to take it in to the dealership to get it checked. If it is brake fluid I'm surprised it didn't raise a warning light. I'll let you know what they say...

dn't raise a warning light. I'll let you know what they say...

You wouldn't get a warning light until it had lost a considerable amount - enough to drop the resevoir below minimum.

Another thing to consider in that same area is the rubber gaiter over the CV joint. It they get torn by debris then the grease escapes and flies everywhere.

so I took it to Suzuki just 5 mins away from me in Hemel and they were really helpful. He checked all the levels and put it up on the ramp and checked everything and said it was very unusual but it looked like I'd just driven over a puddle of oil. It still seems strange though as the oil was literally dripping when it was on my driveway and I haven't found any puddles of oil on the route home that I had just taken... 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

so I've bought some eurolite headlight adapters for my swace for our French holiday. I've got LED headlights and the instructions say use the guide below for LED headlights. The instructions for the Corolla also say use this diagram. But my headlight bulb area looks like a circle, I think they are bi-led projector lights so I assume I need to follow instructions for projector lights. However the eurolite instructions show several different projector style lights with the stickers stuck in several different places. I think maybe the instructions are wrong and they don't cater for LED projector headlights. I wondered if anyone else has had this experience...

image.png

448134186_7694857537260087_353369259209379681_n (1).jpg

On 3/11/2024 at 6:06 AM, sportse said:

I like the safety systems on mine, I haven’t needed to turn any off which is a sign they work well. On a previous Honda I had to always disable lane departure assistance as it couldn’t cope with anything. 

the adaptive cruise control is great on the Corolla as its radar based, however they do warn that in certain situations it can have issues depending on the rear bumper height of the vehicle in front. 

on my 23 model you can set it to not ‘undertake’ if you want, but this would cause issues for me with busy motorways with traffic moving at different speeds in each lane. 

I also have the option to set how fast the cruise control accelerates in the settings. 

on my 23 model you can set it to not ‘undertake’ if you want.

I've got a My23 Corolla Excel (Hatchback) I've not seen the option in the menu system to not 'undertake' is this a hidden setting.

Hope you can advise.

34 minutes ago, scabad said:

on my 23 model you can set it to not ‘undertake’ if you want.

I've got a My23 Corolla Excel (Hatchback) I've not seen the option in the menu system to not 'undertake' is this a hidden setting.

Hope you can advise.

Yes, there are hidden menus if you hold the menu button longer than a tap.

For some settings you get on/off if you tap, but if you hold the button down it brings up a secret menu with more options instead.

Volume for the parking sensors was like this, on/off normally it's only when I discovered the hidden menu by holding the button it brought up the option to choose volume.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sportse said:

Yes, there are hidden menus if you hold the menu button longer than a tap.

For some settings you get on/off if you tap, but if you hold the button down it brings up a secret menu with more options instead.

Volume for the parking sensors was like this, on/off normally it's only when I discovered the hidden menu by holding the button it brought up the option to choose volume.

Thanks... I'll have a look, but to save me hunting around can you remember which section it was in.

TIA

It’s in vehicle settings, drcc settings, overtake prevention. 

(There’s also a bug I discovered, if you have the door open when you power off the car it will start bonging and keep doing it until you shut and open the door. )

IMG_2636.jpeg

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, sportse said:

It’s in vehicle settings, drcc settings, overtake prevention. 

(There’s also a bug I discovered, if you have the door open when you power off the car it will start bonging and keep doing it until you shut and open the door. )

IMG_2636.jpeg

Thanks for that - all set will see how it goes when I'm on a motorway drive.

I've also noticed alarm going off in the situation you describe saw something about just pressing the door button on the pillar to stop it

15 hours ago, sportse said:

There’s also a bug I discovered, if you have the door open when you power off the car it will start bonging and keep doing it until you shut and open the door.

That's also in the 2019 Corolla as I've had it happen to me a few times - had it last week in fact.

The '19 also sometimes 'forgets' to turn off the proximity alert on some occasions. I've only ever had it when entering my garage and I think it's the front off-side corner. Thankfully it clears when you put the car in Park.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Do people use the brake hold button? To be honest I'm not really sure what it's for...

Useful on a hill to stop any chance of rolling back. Keeps regular brakes on until you push the accelerator. Also keeps brake lights on... 

Yes, I use the brake hold button too. The car is supposed to have hill hold assist, but it doesn't work, so I use the brake hold button on a hill nearby.

On previous cars, you pressed the brake harder after you stopped and it engaged hill start assist but this doesn't seem to work on the Corolla.

It's also useful in traffic as well.

50 minutes ago, Swacey said:

Do people use the brake hold button? To be honest I'm not really sure what it's for...

never used it!

1 hour ago, Swacey said:

Very useful in traffic, gives the foot a break.

1 hour ago, Swacey said:

You're parked in car park at a steep downward angle just in front is a steel barrier.

now with an automatic.....no problems, foot is already on break when releasing parking break.

now with manual if the parking break release automatically when moving in reverse ...no problems

now with manual and parking break does not release on reverse...this is where brake hold is a must have, for me anyway.

3 hours ago, Swacey said:

It's a 'handbrake' that's activated by pedal pressure. A solution that had no problem until manufacturers invented one for it, by doing away with the handbrake 🤣

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Swacey said:

It's kinda like a 'virtual foot' that holds the brake pedal for you - If you turn it on, then when you bring the car to a complete stop on the footbrake, it'll activate the brake hold  and you can take your foot off the brake and it'll hold it for you. (Make sure the dash lights up to say it's holding it before you take your foot off though!! :laugh: )

It's also safer as if you get rear-ended, normally you might let go of the brake pedal by accident as the car gets jerked forward, but if the brake hold is on it will brake even harder to try and stop the car moving forward.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links