Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Jap Import Car Insurance

NEED4SPEED

I'm buying a REV 3 Turbo and need to get some competitive quotes is there anyone that can help direct me to a few companies they can recommend? :thumbsup:

But with Tesco, cos it's an import, they ask for a, cat 1 alarm + certificate, and b, a Tracker fitted, also with certificate. I got insurance before on my 300ZX, they needed both of these things, and I got the price right down to 650 Fully comp, but with voluntary excess, of 1200 quid!!! But I ended up selling the car 1 week after I got it, couldn't be bothered with it. Too much hassle.

I'm buying a REV 3 Turbo and need to get some competitive quotes is there anyone that can help direct me to a few companies they can recommend? :thumbsup:

Where in the same boat mate. I'm currently looking around for decent quotes. Been looking in the back of banzai magazine. They have a few company's listed in the back of magazine mate :thumbsup:

jerry!!

The MR2 Drivers Club have a special insurance policy for members which caters for imported/modified cars. I've no idea how much it is and you do have to be a member to get it but it might be worth checking out.

Im with elephant as mines an import but unfortunately not a turbo model: im paying around £700 fully comp. Tesco wouldnt insure imports when i asked...

Yeah Tesco changed their polices it seems in April or therebouts, they no longer insure you for turbos/imports if youre under 25. I think its the same now for a lot of the other insurance companies. Luckily i got my policy in February :o They only asked me for evidence of a cat 1 alarm/immobiliser too

Thanks for all your help, I've had very similar quotes with most of them. I thought as a last resort to try the same company I have my NOBLE insured with. I only have 1 years no claims discount to put towards the MR2 Turbo as I used up the full no claims on the NOBLE. They have honoured my situation and gave me an excellent quote to win my business with both cars. So if all goes well the MR2 Turbo will be in the UK around 7-9 weeks. :thumbsup:

I have my current MR2 and my old M3 with FLUX. They are good and probably one of the cheapest for these type of cars especially modified ones. My insurance policy has dropped by £500!! from having it insured with the same company that insure my NOBLE, so I will change over to them. :yes:

dosnt anyone use flux any more ive been with them for year and now getting stupidly chepa quotes

I use flux, they were cheaper than everywhere else I tried including Tesco, elephant and all of the other ones that are supposed to be cheap.

Tesco's are cheap bud!!! dont know what there like mind! im with direct line and dont pay too much. 750 fully comp and im 24 with full no claims and no points - just got rid of em :thumbsup:

Some companies may be cheap but dont offer nowhere near the service i get with direct line, id rather pay that extra £100 and be safe in the knowledge that if awt goes wrong theyl sort it out, theyve done this in the past for me. For example, replacement car within 2 days and relevant documents at the same time.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links