Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Meh More Problems

BLOODUK

Alternator belt has to be changed and the rocker(?) cover , tried to do the alternator belt but its in such a difficult position that it has to go to the garage now... arggg damn mr2 engines are a pain in the ***** to fix.

:censor: :censor:

Alternator belt is easy as .. just need to get under the car ..

I've replaced about half a dozen now ..

You have to take the crank shaft/pully power steering belt off first right?? how do i go about doing this

do you have any diagrams available of what to do?

"crank shaft/pully power steering belt off first right?? "

Eh?

Right .. take the AC belt off .. then jack up the car .. get the rear drivers wheel off and then it's VERY easy ..

Right .. to get the AC belt off .. stand on the drivers side .. there is a pulley facing the IC .. loosten the bolt in the centre .. then there is a bolt behind the pulley that adjusts the tension (pointing at the sky) .. slacken it right off and the AC pulley will drop down .. and then loop the belt over the pully and slide it down the IC ..

Then slacken the alternator off .. there is a LONG thread going the length of the car, with a bracket on it .. loosen the bolt on the bracket and then turn the bolt at the end of the long thread at the boot wall end, on the alternator bracket .. the altenator belt should slacken ..

Then get the car jacked up .. take off the rear wheel and get the undertrays undone .. slide under and you can see EVERYTHING you need ..

Assembly is the opposite :)

Well if you will insist on using your old tights instead of genuine parts you will get through a few!!! ;) :lol:

Well if you will insist on using your old tights instead of genuine parts you will get through a few!!! ;) :lol:

Halfords ones are REALLY pony ..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links