Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Parking fine question

Hybrid21

The other week I parked in a Premier Inn car park for about half an hour to pick up a coffee from the Costa next door where I couldn't get parked. I realised when I left that a company called Parkmaven Ltd were policing this car park via cameras.

I am expecting a fine notice re this mistake. Anyone been in a similar situation, especially with this company ?

comments and advice appreciated.

• Like 1

Hello Iain, I am not familiar with that particular company.

I had a problem a bit like this about 10 years ago re disabled parking on a private car park,ie shopping centre.

The first thing to understand is, it is not a fine, private companies cannot fine anyone, they are legally, a speculative invoice.

It will be worth you having a good read on the pepipoo website re private parking,a goldmine of information.

Mine had got as far as the bulk processing centre at Northampton county court, the very helpful people at pepipoo drafted letters for me, and it saw them off.

Things are always changing though, so check the current situation with them to be sure,it will be best to prepare at this early stage, then you'll be ready if it happens.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

First, it is not a fine but payment for provision of a service.

Check Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.  In one sense, based on what you are saying, it's a fair cop.

What you might do, especially if you have the Costa receipt, is contact them and explain the circumstances. 

You saw the notice when you left, it does not appear to have been prominent when you arrived. 

Could you speak with Costa too, they might be able to speak with them too?

I had something similar at a Wickes/Costa car park.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I doubt you will hear anything as they will have a maximum stay-posted

OP is in Scotland so the laws may differ

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi Iain, why do you assume that you will get a fine. What's to say you didn't have a meal or drink in the premier. The premier car park is for customers. You may have been enquiring about a room or deal etc.

In the event that you did get a ticket then use one of the reasons above they can't prove either way as you can say you paid cash for a drink or coffee etc.

Personally I wouldn't worry about it.😄

• Like 5

iirc cost a fortune and Premier Bin was both owned by Whitbread or it may of been sold off and kept its locations if so Whitbread owns the properties

edit, but then again you have https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/resident-hits-out-100-fine-23843935

PI and a Brewers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Premier Inn and Brewers Fayre still owned by Whitbread

• Like 2

Quoting Tommy Cooper:

" I received a compliment on my driving today.  I returned to my car and someone had put a note on the windscreen.  It read 'Parking.  Fine.' "

• Haha 3

It's always nice to get a compliment. 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Big_D said:

It's always nice to get a compliment. 

Aww ... that was a nice post to make. 😉

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links