Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Neons

qwertyuiop

You can see the whole tube there .. shame .. looks a little bit rubbish

yeah have to agree with jimbob here, would look much nicer if you couldnt see the tubes. Besides its illegal for the tubes to be showing.

So is it only illegal if the tube is showing?........who thinks up these laws?

they can't do you for reflective light (or your interior light would be illegal) .. they can only do you for direct light ..

and for the direct light it's white at the front, read at the rear and blue is emergency services only ..

So it's ok to drive around with neons/led tubes on at night as long as the tubes don't show then? Are you guys sure bout dat??

I thought they were illegal full stop. :huh:

I thot the same.... I would be a muppet and drive about with them on... most prob get pulled...

"oh officer !... didn't realise they were on! " .... :unsure:

bit of shakey camera work isnt it. :blink:

dont like those neons one little bit, but like i always say "each to their own." :)

as for are the legal, cause there not, but if it was illuminating the Licence plates. you may be able to argue it in a court of law. but rather you than me. :P

Got to agree with Stu8 - don't like neons at all. I think I read somewhere that it's illegal to drive with them switched on (on the public highway, probably OK in Tescos car park)

the source i got that from was a neon selling website about a year ago, ive since heard its true from other sources. However youre obviously far more likely to get pulled over for having bright blue neons while youre doin 40mph on a 30mph road rather than having say white neons on and stationary. Dunno if its still the same nowadays, perhaps Titto or John will inform us correctly!

Speak of the devil lol :P Go on tell us whats the real law as regards to em shiny things underneath them shiny cars?

I honestly havent got a clue mate!!!! To be honest i couldnt give a flying <I thought I could get past the swearing filter - what a sad muppet I am eh?> about em as long as they dont flash or show blue!!! I dont like em personally tho, i think they add an element of 'tacky' to what i think are fantastic quality cars.

(Note to anyone regarding Legal stuff: try looking on here;

http://www.5ive-o.com

-someone put the link on here a while ago, its a forum for motor enthusiasts (like us) but run by cops and civilians alike who know more about specifics than i do - so its quite good for info))

Edited by Titto

So has sm1 checked out the legality of driving on a public highway with under car lighting illuminated? Legal or not? Turn onor turn off? I've driven with them on at night, with bizzies going bye, but havn't been stopped as yet. What about in-car neons then? Can they be on during driving or not? I got neon string around the dash and door surrounds.

So has sm1 checked out the legality of driving on a public highway with under car lighting illuminated? Legal or not? Turn onor turn off? I've driven with them on at night, with bizzies going bye, but havn't been stopped as yet. What about in-car neons then? Can they be on during driving or not? I got neon string around the dash and door surrounds.

Dunno how it stands in England but according to a CLO policeman in Scotland you can have neons on as long as you cant see any colour from the rear apart from red and you do not display red to the front. The light must not dazzle or distract other road users and must be static (eg: non revolving or moving) blue is also fine as it would be static.

There are no specific laws regarding neons, ground kits, washer jets etc as the 1989 road lighting regulations were created before such kits were made available.

R.

Hey Rikki, what do you mean ' can't see color from the rear'? The light reflects down onto the floor at the rear, so is that ok? Just don't have the light like behind the car, i.e. the tail lights?

urotsukidoji_badassdemon: unless you live in Scotland the Law is different in England; check out that site link earlier in the thread for the info, its quite useful.

LAters.

Titto

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links