Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New CHR dashboard icons

Hell Tel

Morning, I'm new on here and new to Toyota's so looking for some assistance.

I took my CHR on the motorway this weekend to test the various driving aids, cruise control etc.

I'm now left with a green steering wheel on the dash and an unlit cruise control icon, does anyone know a) what is the steering wheel icon and can you remove unlit cruise icon be removed?

Picture attached.

Many thanks

IMG_2433.JPG

Hi Tel,the green steering wheel icon on your dashboard likely indicates that the lane departure warning system is active. This system uses cameras or sensors to monitor lane markings and alerts you if you unintentionally drift out of your lane without signaling.

As for the unlit cruise control icon, it may indicate that the cruise control system is currently turned off or not in use. Typically, when you activate cruise control, the icon will light up to indicate that the system is engaged and maintaining your set speed.

To remove the unlit cruise control icon, you can try.

Make sure that cruise control is turned off. You can usually activate or deactivate cruise control by pressing a button on the steering wheel or dashboard. Look for a button with a cruise control icon or refer to your vehicle's manual for specific instructions.

Restart the vehicle: Sometimes, turning off the engine and restarting the vehicle can reset the dashboard display and remove any inactive icons.

Hope this help and your enjoying your new C-HR.:smile:

14 minutes ago, Bper said:

Hi Tel,the green steering wheel icon on your dashboard likely indicates that the lane departure warning system is active. This system uses cameras or sensors to monitor lane markings and alerts you if you unintentionally drift out of your lane without signaling.

As for the unlit cruise control icon, it may indicate that the cruise control system is currently turned off or not in use. Typically, when you activate cruise control, the icon will light up to indicate that the system is engaged and maintaining your set speed.

To remove the unlit cruise control icon, you can try.

Make sure that cruise control is turned off. You can usually activate or deactivate cruise control by pressing a button on the steering wheel or dashboard. Look for a button with a cruise control icon or refer to your vehicle's manual for specific instructions.

Restart the vehicle: Sometimes, turning off the engine and restarting the vehicle can reset the dashboard display and remove any inactive icons.

Hope this help and your enjoying your new C-HR.:smile:

thanks, i've tried the above and it stays on. Bit annoying on all previous cars i've been able to remove the icon.

Regarding the owners manual, it says refer to the multi media owners manual, any idea where I can get a copy of that?

As for removing the unlit cruise control icon, I don't think you can remove it since it's to show the function is available but not in use. You'll only see the cruise control icon illuminate when you activate the system.

As for the multi media owners manual did it not come with the car If not then you should be able to download It from Toyota. Hope this helps 👍

I'm not sure if this is the correct site for you but give it a try.:smile:

https://www.toyota.co.uk/customer/manuals

43 minutes ago, Bper said:

As for removing the unlit cruise control icon, I don't think you can remove it since it's to show the function is available but not in use. You'll only see the cruise control icon illuminate when you activate the system.

As for the multi media owners manual did it not come with the car If not then you should be able to download It from Toyota. Hope this helps 👍

I'm not sure if this is the correct site for you but give it a try.:smile:

https://www.toyota.co.uk/customer/manuals

Thanks.

Don't suppose you know why when I press the voice button it won't allow me to make phone calls by saying "call john smith" etc?

32 minutes ago, Bper said:

Use this link, together with the VIN of your car, to download the Owner' Manual and Multimedia Manual for your car. No printed manuals are shipped with recent Toyotas - only a thin user guide.

The steering icon - hands on the steering wheel - displays when that alert function is active. It operates in conjunction with the various lane management functions, and, in general should be 'on' and displayed as 'green'.

The cruise control icon displayed in white indicates that the cruise control is Off. When you turn the cruise control On, the icon will display in green ...

4 minutes ago, philip42h said:

Use this link, together with the VIN of your car, to download the Owner' Manual and Multimedia Manual for your car. No printed manuals are shipped with recent Toyotas - only a thin user guide.

The steering icon - hands on the steering wheel - displays when that alert function is active. It operates in conjunction with the various lane management functions, and, in general should be 'on' and displayed as 'green'.

The cruise control icon displayed in white indicates that the cruise control is Off. When you turn the cruise control On, the icon will display in green ...

Thanks Philip, on all my previous cars you've been able to remove the icon when not in use.

Just wondered if there was a way of doing the same on a Toyota?

16 minutes ago, Hell Tel said:

Thanks.

Don't suppose you know why when I press the voice button it won't allow me to make phone calls by saying "call john smith" etc?

Tel, i think you need the CHR owners manual for that mate. Someone else might give you more info if they have it.:smile: enjoy you CHR.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links