Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

M6 Pothole

Big_D

Hi Bob, I hope she sues for her tyres being destroyed, I wonder if it done any other damage she doesn't yet know about. What about all the other poor s*ds.Pot holes:mad2:

And what about the others who will have their cars damaged before it gets repaired??

Should they not be prosecuted for not driving at a speed that is appropriate to stop in when you see a hazard?

Just asking. 🙂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mjolinor said:

Should they not be prosecuted for not driving at a speed that is appropriate to stop in when you see a hazard?

Just asking. 🙂

They can be if that speed and hazard (if seen) causes injury to someone other than the driver.

However, in certain cases, and more often than not, you cannot see potholes like that, during night time (especially when you are going up an incline) or during the rain. A pothole filled with water can very easily blend with the rest of the wet tarmac, making it impossible to see during day time, unless other cars in front of you signal it.

Don't see how, I think it is not a reasonable expectation, esp. on a motorway; Even on urban roads, if I stopped for every pothole I encountered, every car in London would have rammed my poor Yaris up the backside! :laugh: Because of all the repair patches on the roads it can be hard to spot potholes until it's too late, esp. on a fast roads - I've hit loads since owning the Mk4 and I'm sure the only reason I haven't had to replace my tyres a bazillion times is because I switched to 15" rims, and the 65 vs 45 profile sidewall profile has saved them!

There is a procedure for this anyway - Report the pothole, and if it's already been reported, charge all the repairs to the authority responsible for that road.

Authorities are looking to cut spending and the only way to make them repair a pothole is if they think they'll end up paying out more than it costs to repair it - That's why the roads have deteriorated so much more in recent years. I suspect the large increase in the average mass of vehicles and all of them being funnelled down fewer and fewer roads isn't helping either.

• Like 1

I frequently use the M69, and have noticed a lot of potholes in the southbound lane one.  When in lane one, I am getting familiar with knowing where they are, and weave in the lane to avoid them.  Perhaps, sooner or later, I will be stopped in the belief that I am under the influence, but I don’t care.  I am not obliged to damage my car by hitting potholes, so will play dodgems with them where necessary.

I have just been out and photographed a 60 yard stretch with a number of potholes.

The first is a pothole 1.5m between two patch repairs that it took about 2 years to get repaired.

All I can say, get your reports in now as the money tree is in bud and should bursts forth in 3 weeks.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links