Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Headlights and MOT

RHYSF00

So i just had my MOT and i replaced the bulbs to the Halfords advance ones and honestly find them much difference however when i took my car for mot it failed. And bulbs were replaced. What exactly is the law on them?

Also im adding a photo aswell. Screenshot_20240311_113407_Chrome.thumb.jpg.beab16ebf8f9e5482a704b17e576c4ef.jpgthis all been fixed for 655 in total. The brake and driveshaft i kinda knew so not concerned. Screenshot_20240312_072112_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0d85091bb4e55f769643b96ccfc16dfa.jpgthis is regarding mot. 

If you had LED or HID bulbs fitted into headlights designed for halogen, it can fail the MOT. The MOT was changed back in 21. See:

Also see Bper's post of the 9th January 24 in the following topic:

34 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

If you had LED or HID bulbs fitted into headlights designed for halogen, it can fail the MOT. The MOT was changed back in 21. See:

Also see Bper's post of the 9th January 24 in the following topic:

It was this https://www.halfords.com/motoring/bulbs/halfords-advanced-plus200-brighter-h7-477-headlight-bulb-514942.html?buyAsPair=yes

From the MOT information, they've said the headlights are defective. Unless the Halfords bulbs have been incorrectly fitted, affecting the beam, I'd be inclined to query with them in what way are the headlights defective. Also what bulbs have they installed as H7's seem to be the correct fitment.

17 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

From the MOT information, they've said the headlights are defective. Unless the Halfords bulbs have been incorrectly fitted, affecting the beam, I'd be inclined to query with them in what way are the headlights defective. Also what bulbs have they installed as H7's seem to be the correct fitment.

Did query it. They said installed in correctly and was knocked. So bulbs might of been damaged so didn't have choice

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links