Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

PHEV model with HEV (or online only) manual!

ToyotaGSL

Picked up my PHEV GR sport about 10 days ago. In it was a printed HEV manual.

Explained to dealership this is very much the wrong manual as it mentions nothing about PHEV features and different to online PHEV version entirely. Toyota GB suggested they now only do online manuals (despite incorrectly supplying a printed HEV manual).

Now I’m awaiting resolution to this easily fixable problem! I’ve been been told I have to pay £30 for the correct manual!

Anyone else experienced the same? Must say it’s a slightly bewildering excuse-laden experience to go through. Plus they supplied the HEV manual in a cardboard box rather than a sleeve. When the seats are made of leather, why not a little extra for a sleeve? A missed opportunity here!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ToyotaGSL said:

Explained to dealership this is very much the wrong manual as it mentions nothing about PHEV features and different to online PHEV version entirely.

So what did the dealer say, as you jumped from explaining it was the wrong manual to the dealer, to Toyota GB saying they only do online manuals ?

Since approx 2016, with most models Toyota supplied a printed user guide, with the full owners manual being online. Owners could choose to purchase a printed owners manual at their cost for around £25-30 depending on model, which the dealer could order in. The highish cost is due to the limited print runs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

So what did the dealer say, as you jumped from explaining it was the wrong manual to the dealer, to Toyota GB saying they only do online manuals ?

Since approx 2016, with most models Toyota supplied a printed user guide, with the full owners manual being online. Owners could choose to purchase a printed owners manual at their cost for around £25-30 depending on model, which the dealer could order in. The highish cost is due to the limited print runs.

Apologies for the jump there.

Yes, you make a good point making a distinction there. The car is meant to come with a printed ‘User Guide’ with the most useful bits from the full manual(s). Thanks for highlighting that the full Owner’s Manual and Multimedia Manual are separate purchase items. The dealership don’t seem to be aware of these distinctions.

To answer your question, the dealership initially suggested that the HEV User Guide is “what the car comes with”. I explained that this is definitely not the correct User Guide as the online version clearly shows a unique version for the PHEV. They have since been in contact with Toyota GB, and so have I, separately.

Toyota GB have referred me to the dealership. The dealership says they are awaiting a response from Toyota GB. It’s all a bit messy!

• Like 1

Yes my Phev GR Sport also comes with a Hev manual. I will contact dealership regarding this.

When we collected our Suzuki Across in August 2023 it came with a comprehensive user manual and folder plus Suzuki Across factory floor mats.

18 minutes ago, Torrox said:

Yes my Phev GR Sport also comes with a Hev manual. I will contact dealership regarding this.

Well, that's not so good - particularly as one can only browse rather than download the correct user guide. No excuses Mr T.

But there again, the user guide is about as much use as a chocolate fire guard - I have one but I've hardly looked at it. Instead, I've downloaded, and refer to, the pdf Owner's Manual and Navigation / Multimedia manual. And because both are so large, the ability to search a pdf to find the relevant section is invaluable - for me at least ...

I have downloaded both manuals on my tablet. The owner manual is quite large that I had to use my laptop to download then transfer to my tablet. It has 716 pages I think. I haven't yet mastered the search example yesterday I wanted to know what type of my car roof but couldn't find it and only guess it has rails but fix points.

43 minutes ago, Torrox said:

yesterday I wanted to know what type of my car roof but couldn't find it and only guess it has rails but fix points

I can help there ... there's nothing on the fixings in the Owner's Manual! 😉

716 pages seems correct. Searching for 'roof' gives lots of hits on the panoramic roof; searching for 'roof luggage carrier' gives driving advise and load limits but nothing on the fixing.

The 'rails' are a cosmetic illusion really. Instead, it has four obvious fixing points beneath covers ...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ToyotaGSL said:

Picked up my PHEV GR sport about 10 days ago. In it was a printed HEV manual.

Explained to dealership this is very much the wrong manual as it mentions nothing about PHEV features and different to online PHEV version entirely. Toyota GB suggested they now only do online manuals (despite incorrectly supplying a printed HEV manual).

Now I’m awaiting resolution to this easily fixable problem! I’ve been been told I have to pay £30 for the correct manual!

Anyone else experienced the same? Must say it’s a slightly bewildering excuse-laden experience to go through. Plus they supplied the HEV manual in a cardboard box rather than a sleeve. When the seats are made of leather, why not a little extra for a sleeve? A missed opportunity here!

I got zero with mine in terms of manual. 2021 dynamic premium PHEV so I was online the next day to find the online manual which seemed to come in different flavours including a US version. I was very confused. However, forum help from the US and UK RAV forums came to the rescue.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links