Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota GB statement on CANbus Theft

Rigsby

38 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

PHEV of the RAV4 isn't susceptible to CAN invader theft according to Toyota. 

The RAV4 PHEV was never susceptible to the CANbus vulnerability, and the vulnerability as a whole was resolved in production in October 2022 so more recent cars are not affected at all.

"An enhanced security hardware was introduced in October 2022 on the latest versions of the models that had previously been targeted by criminals."

• Thanks 1

I saw a post on a Facebook group at the weekend. Attempted theft of a PHEV. Unfortunately the usual damage to the wing/wheel arch but they couldn't start the vehicle, or even open the doors. 

And this is a problem that's not going to go away. All the thieves see is a Rav 4.

🤷🏻🤷🏻🤷🏻🤷🏻Terry

Thats the frustrating part. These scum are too dumb to even know which version they can and cant steal...

• Like 1

An alarm sounding a warn away or triggering the full alarm as soon as the theft is attempted should be more then enough to make the thieves disappear.

• 2 weeks later...

It was March I think when Toyota said it would come up with a solution to mitigate the risk for vulnerable cars (like mine!) did I miss anything or have we given up on Toyota ever doing what they promise?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Rav Rob said:

It was March I think when Toyota said it would come up with a solution to mitigate the risk for vulnerable cars (like mine!) did I miss anything or have we given up on Toyota ever doing what they promise?

I haven't given up, but my patience is wearing thin ...

• Like 2

On 9/1/2024 at 10:40 PM, philip42h said:

I haven't given up, but my patience is wearing thin ...

😡😡 A company the size of Toyota should have been all over this issue like a rash.Shame on them for leaving customers who have spent a lot of money on their cars in the lurch like this.

TERRY

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links