Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MyToyota App

UncleZen

First there was the MyT App, then one day I login and it tells me that I should download the MyToyota app.

The new App has a feature called hybrid coaching, and it shows you all the trips you've made, for each trip it tells you; duration, distance, percentage in electric, mpg, plus a neat little map showing your journey.

My question is this. How did Toyota get this data from the car? 

15 minutes ago, UncleZen said:

First there was the MyT App, then one day I login and it tells me that I should download the MyToyota app.

The new App has a feature called hybrid coaching, and it shows you all the trips you've made, for each trip it tells you; duration, distance, percentage in electric, mpg, plus a neat little map showing your journey.

My question is this. How did Toyota get this data from the car? 

The old MyT app had exactly the same functionality ... 😉

At the end of each trip, the car "'phones home" to Toyota and reports the data that you see. It works reasonably well but misses the occasional journey if there is no signal available and misses the end of longer / more complex journeys.

It uses the SIM card within the eSOS system.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, philip42h said:

. 😉

It works reasonably well but misses the occasional journey if there is no signal available and misses the end of longer / more complex journeys.

The Data Communication Module has a limit of 2000 data points hence Philip's point.  It equates to a journey in excess of about 3 hours.

One slight improvement,  when it runs our of storage it shows the final part of a journey as a straight line, so your car and its display on the Map are correct.

Topic moved to My Toyota/Toyota apps

Thanks.

I never found/noticed that functionality on the MyT app!

After I installed the new app it not shows my journeys(hybrid coaching)anymore

Any solution to fix this?

1 hour ago, Marjan said:

After I installed the new app it not shows my journeys(hybrid coaching)anymore

Any solution to fix this?

One Tab, usually after Service and Maintenance, should by Hybrid Coaching.

Your trips should then show with Trip Summary and the last journey.  You then have two options, overview and trips.

Select Trips and select a trip.  It will show the route and the EV segments. 

Now expand the map and the coaching points should appear.  You may see a circle with a number.  Zoom there and you may see additional items. 

If you select Overview you get a broader set of indicators for the current month.  If you tap the current month (Mar 2024) you can select the previous months.  You can then change the year and select months Apr-Dec.

It only goes back 12 months. Does this answer the question?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Roy124 said:

One Tab, usually after Service and Maintenance, should by Hybrid Coaching.

Your trips should then show with Trip Summary and the last journey.  You then have two options, overview and trips.

Select Trips and select a trip.  It will show the route and the EV segments. 

Now expand the map and the coaching points should appear.  You may see a circle with a number.  Zoom there and you may see additional items. 

If you select Overview you get a broader set of indicators for the current month.  If you tap the current month (Mar 2024) you can select the previous months.  You can then change the year and select months Apr-Dec.

It only goes back 12 months. Does this answer the question?

If i select trips,the last saved is from january 2. This date is the last before i went to a long vacation. 
After i returned i deleted the old app and installed new one. The hybrid coaching stop working.

The January is the last month that i can select.  I tried to refresh but nothing happens. 
Other things like gasoline value/km driven/car position working just fine. 

Hmm,should I delete the app and install again?

p.s

Thank you for the help

Hello. Recently I purchased a Toyota Yaris 2015 D4D and I can't register the car with the code provided by the Touch 2 gen 1 system. Nor in the MyT app or My Toyota app.

Might have originally posted under MyT App and not My Toyota, apologies.   

Can anyone give advice please?  I am on Android V14 with MyToyota 2.6.0(238) - Production. 

I can see the car in my Garage, View Status panel, remote control, warning lights, service and maintenance, Hybrid  coaching.  I have icons for find the car, where to, notifications, my account and support.

However, I have no icons to allow me to: share (journeys) to the car, be told what alerts mean on the dash board etc etc.    

Have these functions been delted or can I recover them?

All info welcomed.

Thank you

Rgds

Click on My Destinations.  At the bottom click on View Destinations.   Bottom tab is Sent to Car.

I entered the Destination and it was sent to car. 

47 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

Click on My Destinations.  At the bottom click on View Destinations.   Bottom tab is Sent to Car.

I entered the Destination and it was sent to car. 

@Roy124  Thank you, not doing well here.  How do I find "My Destinations" please?

Fom the front screen I have My Garage, View Status, Remote Control, Warning Lights, Service and Maintenance, Hybrid Coaching and then the 5 Icons at the bottom.

Thanks again,

23 minutes ago, TYCE 23 said:

@Roy124  From the front screen I have My Garage, View Status, Remote Control, Warning Lights, Service and Maintenance, Hybrid Coaching and then the 5 Icons at the bottom.

Scroll up.  It should be the card below Hybrid Coaching.  It should appear above the 5 icons.

@Roy124  I guess there in lies the problem.  I have no card below Hybrid Coaching.  Can I add a card?  If yes, how would I do that please?

Thank you again

@TYCE 23 use the contact us, mytoyota@toyota.co.uk.  You should get an initial acknowledgement and a reply some days later.  Apparently there are only 3 people handling calls. 

There is one thing you might try, reboot your phone.

• Thanks 1

@Roy124  thank you, appreciated.  

Did two long trips yesterday,  2.5hr and 100 miles each.  The App was good and post trip data almost straightaway. 

One annoying glitch though.  Parked up and a few minutes later a popup, passenger rear window open.  We had a passenger so she might have opened it.  Had to trek back to car.  The window was shut.   I opened and closed all windows.   It still showed open.

Back home it is shut.  Grrr

• 1 month later...

Still no reply from the App support team.

Shakes head wioth disappointment.

Car currently parked outside my house has been for 2 hours. Shows as still in  the carpark 5 miles away. 

On 4/1/2024 at 6:08 PM, TYCE 23 said:

@Roy124  I guess there in lies the problem.  I have no card below Hybrid Coaching.  Can I add a card?  If yes, how would I do that please?

Thank you again

Likewise I have no card below Hybrid Coaching 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links