Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How often do you drive your Yaris Hybrid?

Max_Headroom

On 4/3/2024 at 6:56 AM, Dimitriscy said:

Reading the above, i think many of you could just get along  with a bicycle...😁

😆 I'm too lazy and unfit

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I have a bicycle, stored in the rafters of the garage. I’ve ridden it twice, but as @Jules88 says, I too an too lazy and unfit. I have a beer keg protecting my six pack. It cost me a fortune in good food to put it there, and I’m not about to lose it by exercising and riding bicycles 😁

• Haha 5

A bicycle would definitely be faster a lot of the time down here, but I wouldn't be able to carry all my gear, and also I'm too scared of death (Which is also why I decided not to get a motorcycle license...).

You need to have massive brass ones to ride on two wheels on most of the roads around here!! :eek: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...

I am considering a hybrid.

it will be used for a mixture of very short town journeys (less than a mile) every other day the odd journey of 10-15 miles and perhaps a single journey of an hour or so a week. So low mileage, low use, est 5000 annual miles.

Will additional charging be required?

Is it possible to use a solar charger plugged into the auxiliary power (cigarette lighter) socket?

should I simply buy something else?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, MJ3288 said:

I am considering a hybrid.

it will be used for a mixture of very short town journeys (less than a mile) every other day the odd journey of 10-15 miles and perhaps a single journey of an hour or so a week. So low mileage, low use, est 5000 annual miles.

Will additional charging be required?

Is it possible to use a solar charger plugged into the auxiliary power (cigarette lighter) socket?

should I simply buy something else?

Pretty much fits my driving but I also do longer trips 2 or 3 times a year from Cambridge to Northumberland. I live in a village with no shops so quite a few short journeys to the next village etc.  I have done about 6000 miles in the year I’ve owned the Yaris, but I also have a 31 yr old MX5 and a 2018 MX5 for fun runs. 

I read a lot about 12v Battery issues when I bought the Yaris second hand and as I did not know the history of the vehicle I changed it for a Yuasa one as “belt and braces” as well as a mini solar charger. Recent medical episode left the car for 19 days all on its own (no charger attached) and it started immediately and has gone back to village runs with absolutely no problems.

That’s my experience, others may differ. I’ve been so impressed with the Toyota hybrid system I have a Yaris Cross on order for a September delivery. Can’t say much more than that!

• Like 2

That 1h journey should charge it enough for the whole week so I'd say it would be fine without the additional charging (of course it wont hurt and will probably prolong the Battery life, just like for every other car). 

Cigarette lighter socket is disconnected when the car is powered off so you need to find one that is connected to diagnostic port (OBD) or add the wire which goes straight to the Battery.

• Like 1

I did c4k miles per annum in my RAV4 with no problems, I did have a flat Battery a couple of times in my C-HR but that was during lockdown so the car wasn't being used. I have no concerns with my new YC, although I do carry a NOCO booster pack just in case, so you should be fine as well. 

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links