Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Permanently disable LTA and RSA

Deco Diva

3 hours ago, Deco Diva said:

Thank you everyone for your replies - guess I’ll just have to learn to live with it and probably end up ignoring all the bleeps and flashing!  I agree though, think the dealership should have told me about the “improvements” - my last Aygo was a 2021 Exclusive which was pretty much like all the others I have had (7 now) so it probably would not have put me off buying it but would have been nice to know.

I have developed a routine for my driving, start the engine, put on seatbelt, turn off stop start, turn off lane assist, it really does only take a few seconds and becomes second nature. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Silpure said:

I have developed a routine for my driving, start the engine, put on seatbelt, turn off stop start, turn off lane assist, it really does only take a few seconds and becomes second nature. 

Same for me with RSA

• Like 3

I did but CBA now; I just tune them out and ignore them, although it has affected my driving as I learn to anticipate the sort of situations that freak the car out and mitigate them (Either by approaching more slowly or altering my turn radius). Fortunately because I can't see what's going on behind me due to the poor rear visibility I can ignore what carnage this is causing behind me :whistling1: :laugh: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

Fortunately because I can't see what's going on behind me due to the poor rear visibility I can ignore what carnage this is causing behind me :whistling1: :laugh: 

That is how I used to drive down Park Lane before they got the cameras.  Keep a sharp eye in your  9-3 and let the ones behind you clear your six.

As soon as a gap opened go for it.  IIRC speeds up to 50mph were the norm.  Average speed still less than 10 though.

My favourite is Park Lane round Marble Arch and exit on the A5.  Only exceeded when driving across the Arc de Truimph.

• 2 months later...

Morning all,

My partner picked up her new Aygo x yesterday and my job is to set everything up on it today. No problem with RTA as I have a two year old Yaris and know how to switch it off. 

Our problem is with the RSA as I can’t work out why, when you come off a roundabout on a 60mph road, for example, it seems to beep even louder as soon as you start to accelerate back up to speed. Is it slow to change or is it informing us we can now go faster? Wouldn’t have thought it is the latter, but thought it might be worth asking. 

Your help would be appreciated. 🙂

I have heard on other posts here that sometimes the speed limit warning switches randomly to kms and back to miles. Mine doesn't beep though, it just goes red even if I'm within the limit.

My RAV4 does the same thing. It's quite "odd" to see "110" or various other speeds in the little round circle 😉.

And don't get me started on the "cry wolf" gantry signs. It's absolutely no surprise that many, many motorists including the ones who's job it is to move many tonnes of stuff around the country all day (and night) long simply ignore them.

I've just arrived home after a "Caution Queue" sign about a mile or so before "my" junction. At the junction it says "Clear" with nothing whatsoever impeding the traffic in any way in between.

Surely in this day and age these should be in "real time" and then folks might take some notice.

Andy.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links