Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Should I cancel my Yaris order?

Neptuneblue

That’s great news James 

Our Yaris X has travelled 1500miles since August 2023. It's only used for short journeys across town. If it's raining it hardly moves out the garage so can sit in there for several days.

Never had any Battery issues.

The only thing to note is that during the winter months, the engine kicks in before the car has left the garage. During warmer weather, we could take the car fully out and the engine wouldn't kick in until it picked up speed on the road. But that's only to be expected. The only power units that thrive in colder conditions are the one's used by aeroplanes 🤣

I have a Yaris cross and have had no problem's. I left the car for 10 days at the airport when on holidays and it started no problem. 

On 3/30/2024 at 5:49 AM, Countryside said:

How long and often do you put it in ready mode ?

20-30 mins at a time a few days a week.

On 3/29/2024 at 6:34 PM, Neptuneblue said:

Hi all, I’ve a Yaris premiere hatchback on order. Due to be delivered beginning of June. 

I owned a mark 1 d4d and loved the car (it saved my life in a major accident) and like the look of the new Yaris and the economy appeals greatly. My current Kia Sportage HEV is too big so is being sold. I have zero issues with batteries in the Kia.

I’ve been trying to read the battery threads and at 95+ pages long on one thread alone plus other threads this flat battery issue has me majorly concerned!

I do 8000 miles per year but typically through the winter months this will be down to 2 x 6 mile journeys to work and home Monday to Friday then probably no use on the weekend. Mileage approx 70 per week.

Spring/ summer my mileage increases greatly as my wife and I will be driving all over on weekends. However, I may decide not to drive to work and cycle for a week (fair weather cyclist😉).

I appreciate a lot of you seem quite happy to charge your batteries via various methods but I absolutely will not be prepared to do this in the year 2024. I’m genuinely amazed at how prevalent the issue is! 
I would be prepared to buy a new battery (yuassa?) if this completely removed the issue of a potential flat battery.

So, my question is:

Should I cancel my order and buy something else? I’m a cash buyer and will lose £495 deposit.

I'm surprised at all the Battery issues reported. But they are reported on the internet, so likely disproportionate reporting. I don't drive in the week; car sits in the garage. I do my miles only are weekend as I walk to work. Never had a hint of a Battery problem. 

11 minutes ago, SouperChris said:

I'm surprised at all the battery issues reported. But they are reported on the internet, so likely disproportionate reporting. I don't drive in the week; car sits in the garage. I do my miles only are weekend as I walk to work. Never had a hint of a battery problem. 

How many miles do you do at the weekend ?

2 hours ago, Countryside said:

How many miles do you do at the weekend ?

I do a couple of journeys of around 80 miles, then possibly some smaller (few miles). Also, I don't do that every weekend, so the car may be doing very small, or no, journeys for a couple of weeks.

On 3/31/2024 at 6:13 PM, Gerryof said:

I have a Yaris cross and have had no problem's. I left the car for 10 days at the airport when on holidays and it started no problem. 

Me too, just back from two weeks away and it started first time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can't remember where but read around 9000 miles upwards a year is best but as long as your not leaving it for very long extended periods in the winter it should be fine? am doing around 5000 miles a year so had the same concerns as yourself and changed back to the previous generation Yaris with an ICE only engine for a get in a go zero concerns drive.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links