Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

At last... The new car is home!

CPN

3 hours ago, dash said:

The option to disable the rear seat warning (as explained in the video) is not available on my ‘24 Yaris 🙁

Checked the manual. It’s a dealer adjustment. Looks like a Carista dongle might be my next purchase 😉

2 hours ago, dash said:

Checked the manual. It’s a dealer adjustment. Looks like a Carista dongle might be my next purchase 😉

...then it looks like you'll be disappointed with that purchase because it only seems to be available via Toyota Techstream. (...and yes, I currently have a valid Carista license and it's not in there...)

image.thumb.png.12b9d0e79c50a7f38f0ff26754ce7117.png

(bottom one "Passenger & Rear Seat Reminder Function)

and yes, I have checked it (having disabled it and I've successfully lost my 8 beeps!!

• Like 1

That’s annoying… and, without a Windows laptop I don’t think I can run Techstream 🙁

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, dash said:

That’s annoying… and, without a Windows laptop I don’t think I can run Techstream 🙁

PM me... How far away are you...

Ugh, this is what I mean by Toyotaisms - The option was there in the old model, why remove it?! :wacko:

• Sad 2

I actually had my car shipped and used https://www.a1autotransport.com/why-do-new-cars-take-so-long-to-ship/ to handle the logistics. They explained why shipping a new car can take some time, detailing the processes involved in transporting vehicles safely and efficiently. 

On 8/4/2024 at 6:53 ΜΜ, CPN said:

Πράγματι!

Απολύτως! Ειδικά σε μια βροχερή μέρα που μπορείτε ακόμα να έχετε τα παράθυρα μισάνοιχτα για καθαρό αέρα χωρίς να μπαίνει νερό...

it makes noise ?

You can turn the rear seat reminder off in the settings on mine but I don’t know about a 24 model.  I like it on actually because I’m more than daft enough to forget something I’ve chucked in.  I’ve been in a new Kia this week and that says, check rear seat for items and passengers!  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, takis1964 said:
it makes noise ?

Not as much as you might think...

Changing the subject slightly, I have found out something today which borders on the ridiculous with the MY24 car compared to my MY20 Launch Edition!

The Red Baron never had the PCS part of the safety system so occurrences such as those described by @Cyker regarding braking hard, never seemed to occur during normal driving. However, if the ACC was active then under certain circumstances, these kind of events could happen on occasion.

With Blue Demon, it would appear that if you decide to switch off the PCS system, then this immediately disables the ACC but you can still have normal cruise control if you want!! Why? Why link the PCS in software with the Adaptive part of the Cruise Control? It's no problem to use the Radar separately for both functions so why do this??!! Absolutely bonkers Toyota!!! :ranting:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

@CPN what you say prompts a question.

When will someone Hack the audio warning system?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roy124 said:

@CPN what you say prompts a question.

When will someone Hack the audio warning system?

It will happen soon...how soon for Toyota cars i don't know but for VAG/BMW it will be very soon as these have always been profitable for people who want to code in or out certain functions.

When the Mk8 Golf came out VW said the ECU was locked so you couldn't do this and they said it would be difficult to unlock it.

It took about 3 months to unlock the ECU(probably by a 13 year old hacker😁)

It about giving people a choice and as i have said certain companies Mazda and even sister company Lexus make it easier to disable these systems.

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

A quick update...

Had a bit of a breakthrough yesterday in terms of consumption and trying to decide whether the 130 drivetrain really does make a difference over the older Red Baron in terms of fuel consumption.

Well judging by results so far, I would assert that it does...

Here's how Red Baron looked when it bowed out...

image.thumb.png.53e6c35d509028586b38074e71564d46.png

...and bear in mind that that is over 63 neck to neck fillups

Here is how Blue Demon is looking today after yesterday's awesome fillup!

image.thumb.png.292ce42b51cd48ac13c775f55fc0ae16.png

...and I can honestly say that my driving habits and style of driving haven't changed at all from one vehicle to the next; especially on long runs of ~200 mile round trips. I know it's only over 8 fillups for the Demon compared to 63 for the Baron but nevertheless, I think that the figures are starting to speak for themselves... Well pleased and my mileage costs have already dropped a penny a mile so far...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

So the peak is lower but the average better?

BTW does the blue have bigger rims than the red?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cyker said:

So the peak is lower but the average better?

BTW does the blue have bigger rims than the red?

I think that the peak will rise over time as the car wears in. The lowest I have had with BD so far is after the first fill-up at 56.77mpg and each tank has steadily improved since... It's still very early days yet to arrive at a positive conclusion but it's looking pretty healthy already.

Nope. Same size & make (Bridgestone). Width and profile the same.

• Like 2

Pretty good :smile:

I reckon I'd do worse as I wouldn't be able to resist the extra power available... :whistling1: :laugh:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Pretty good :smile:

I reckon I'd do worse as I wouldn't be able to resist the extra power available... :whistling1: :laugh:

Lol! Oh don't worry, that temptation has already been given into a couple of times!! It is darn quick from 50-70!! :scooter:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Only done 500 miles in mine but averaging 64.6 mpg.

Do you notice the drivers door speaker resonating? I've turned the bass down to -2 but it still happens unless I set the balance/fade to not use that part of the car so much

• Like 3

Mine’s due next month can’t wait. 

3 hours ago, Dick_Dastardly said:

Do you notice the drivers door speaker resonating?

Is there a sub speaker under the driver’s seat?

13 hours ago, CPN said:

A quick update...

Had a bit of a breakthrough yesterday in terms of consumption and trying to decide whether the 130 drivetrain really does make a difference over the older Red Baron in terms of fuel consumption.

Well judging by results so far, I would assert that it does...

Here's how Red Baron looked when it bowed out...

image.thumb.png.53e6c35d509028586b38074e71564d46.png

...and bear in mind that that is over 63 neck to neck fillups

Here is how Blue Demon is looking today after yesterday's awesome fillup!

image.thumb.png.292ce42b51cd48ac13c775f55fc0ae16.png

...and I can honestly say that my driving habits and style of driving haven't changed at all from one vehicle to the next; especially on long runs of ~200 mile round trips. I know it's only over 8 fillups for the Demon compared to 63 for the Baron but nevertheless, I think that the figures are starting to speak for themselves... Well pleased and my mileage costs have already dropped a penny a mile so far...

Will you get a more efficient green coloured car next, and name it The Caterpillar? Your name and the 🐛 has a nice ring to it 😎

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Ralph H said:

There's some mystery box under there, which isn't under the passenger side, so maybe.

I found this pic from the Toyota brochure showing the speaker locations, presumably it's mirrored for right hand drive vehicles. 

Screenshot_20240615-163052.thumb.png.1f92c7d550b7f36c00b4dfed0f5d26a1.png

It's the rear of the door that's vibrating, whereas the speaker is mounted at the front.

Maybe one of the French technicians left a baguette in there 🥖

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Dick_Dastardly said:

There's some mystery box under there, which isn't under the passenger side, so maybe.

I found this pic from the Toyota brochure showing the speaker locations, presumably it's mirrored for right hand drive vehicles. 

Screenshot_20240615-163052.thumb.png.1f92c7d550b7f36c00b4dfed0f5d26a1.png

It's the rear of the door that's vibrating, whereas the speaker is mounted at the front.

Maybe one of the French technicians left a baguette in there 🥖

Pretty sure the box under the seat is the amp, not a speaker. Yaris and Corolla have 8 Speakers.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Ralph H said:

No. That box is the main amp unit. (the JBL unit)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dick_Dastardly said:

Only done 500 miles in mine but averaging 64.6 mpg.

You're doing better than me but is that what you are seeing on the dash or calculated? (I'm seeing 64+ on the dash but that is inaccurate) 

12 hours ago, Dick_Dastardly said:

Do you notice the drivers door speaker resonating?

Haven't noticed that on mine. Super sound even at high levels... 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CPN said:

You're doing better than me but is that what you are seeing on the dash or calculated? (I'm seeing 64+ on the dash but that is inaccurate) 

Haven't noticed that on mine. Super sound even at high levels... 

That's on the dash. Improved it to 65.9 overall after a drive today but agree that the figures can't be trusted. Which system do you use to get more accurate figures?

Thanks for confirming your door is ok. Sounds like I need to take the panel off and see what's making it buzz 🪛

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links