Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

At last... The new car is home!

CPN

Just checked the Toyota app and my YC Premiere is on the way to Derbyshire, unfortunately it will be too late for my holiday in a weeks time. My C-HR would give 60-70mpg on a run, my present RAV4 50-60mpg so it will be interesting to see what the YC will give based on what is being reported on here. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ColinB said:

Just checked the Toyota app and my YC Premiere is on the way to Derbyshire, unfortunately it will be too late for my holiday in a weeks time. My C-HR would give 60-70mpg on a run, my present RAV4 50-60mpg so it will be interesting to see what the YC will give based on what is being reported on here. 

In my experience the tracking data in the app is some days behind where your vehicle actually is.

Mine still said it was at the port when I got the call from the dealer to say they had received it.

Over the course of the next few days the status changed a few times, all the whole knowing that it was actually already at the dealers.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, ColinB said:

It might not be a world of difference from your CHR at first but it will improve with age.  They also seem to react quite well to high grade petrol.  

• Like 4

Well, the Blue Demon was certainly living up to its nickname today! For most of the way back on our 200 mile round trip it kept hovering around 66.6 mpg on the display!! The beast himself :devil2:

As we pulled in to the fuel station it was reading 66.8 mpg on the dash. When I got home and calculated it properly, it came out at my best tankful yet at 63.5 mpg! :clapping:So, the dashboard is almost exactly 5% overreading... (all that was mostly with the cruise control set to 66 mph :naughty: on the dash) which seems to be the "sweet spot" for this car. Excellent figures and close to what Toyota claim from their tests actually... (for the 130 powertrain)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Wow! wow and wow again!!! :yahoo:

Have I gone mad you ask? Well. maybe just a little!

I have just spent the best part of an hour sat in my car in the garage giving the JBL sound system a good shakedown, checking out the volume set to "max" (so you don't have to...) and boy! Am I impressed!!! :blowup:

Having dumped my whole music catalogue (23Gb!) onto a 32Gb USB C stick (why the size limit these days?!!) and plugged it in the left hand port, I cranked up the volume and gave the system a good workout! Even at max volume playing Kashmir (live at the Celebration Day concert!) not a single vibration or distortion from this wicked JBL sound system!!!

Every single album in my collection came up correctly with the correct art work and it was easy to hop around between albums/tracks! I had also forgotten how many good pop videos I had dotted around too and they played superbly on screen! (not sure if that's a good idea whilst driving of course! :naughty:) but hey! What's not to like!

Having adjusted the equalizer to mobile disco levels (with all the windows down of course! 🤣) the tonal quality is just immense! (hope the neighbours liked it! 🙃)

I finished off by watching the start of Blade Runner (the original) after flipping around the video section and the playback quality is really good... :clapping:

I'm just slightly deaf now so you'll have to speak up.... :help:

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

On 6/29/2024 at 9:36 AM, ColinB said:

I'm pretty happy with my Yaris. Dash says its averaging 78.9 even with that 5% overreading it's still 74.9! Its crazy!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, CPN said:

Wow! wow and wow again!!! :yahoo:

Have I gone mad you ask? Well. maybe just a little!

I have just spent the best part of an hour sat in my car in the garage giving the JBL sound system a good shakedown, checking out the volume set to "max" (so you don't have to...) and boy! Am I impressed!!! :blowup:

Having dumped my whole music catalogue (23Gb!) onto a 32Gb USB C stick (why the size limit these days?!!) and plugged it in the left hand port, I cranked up the volume and gave the system a good workout! Even at max volume playing Kashmir (live at the Celebration Day concert!) not a single vibration or distortion from this wicked JBL sound system!!!

Every single album in my collection came up correctly with the correct art work and it was easy to hop around between albums/tracks! I had also forgotten how many good pop videos I had dotted around too and they played superbly on screen! (not sure if that's a good idea whilst driving of course! :naughty:) but hey! What's not to like!

Having adjusted the equalizer to mobile disco levels (with all the windows down of course! 🤣) the tonal quality is just immense! (hope the neighbours liked it! 🙃)

I finished off by watching the start of Blade Runner (the original) after flipping around the video section and the playback quality is really good... :clapping:

I'm just slightly deaf now so you'll have to speak up.... :help:

I thought I could hear Glastonbury but couldn’t understand why it was coming from the north east 🤔

• Haha 7

• 2 weeks later...

Just a small celebration today as the Blue Demon reached its first milestone in the average mpg stakes!

It's worth noting that the Red Baron took 48 fillups before hitting the same >60mpg milestone...

Screenshot2023-09-06181859.thumb.png.be48e3e8748e214bdb77f40a048bf91b.png

whereas it has only taken 13 fillups in the Blue Demon :clap:

image.thumb.png.ca9dc6ec3ccab581f505a82cd1433afc.png

• Like 7

...and there it is after just 15 fill-ups... (total calculated average - drum roll.....)

image.thumb.png.e4f9f31787ffa6fc8ff5a7ffa1f8cd12.png

That's a full 4 mpg better than the Red Baron managed for all the time we had it!

:clapping::yahoo::devil2:

• Like 5

My conclusion from that is that yes, the 130 powertrain can be more economical than the 115... (that's a 7.5% uplift) Red Baron's final total was 55.9mpg across 63 fill-ups.

P.S. Bear in mind that those two fuelly graphics I posted previously were both consumption over the last 10 fill-ups...

• Like 3

Wow! The Fuelly Badge has updated quick today! :clapping:

• Haha 2

On 6/30/2024 at 6:32 PM, CPN said:

So, the dashboard is almost exactly 5% overreading... (all that was mostly with the cruise control set to 66 mph :naughty: on the dash) which seems to be the "sweet spot" for this car. Excellent figures and close to what Toyota claim from their tests actually... (for the 130 powertrain)

In my previous car I found that tyre pressure made a difference, and also changing between my summer and winter tyres.  Presumably due to a marginal difference in rolling radius.  I did exactly the same regular journey, with one set on the odometer showed 260 miles, the other it read 272 miles.  Google maps said it was somehwre in between.  So your actual consumption may also depend on the actual distance travelled, the average fuel consumption as calculated by the car and the quantity of fuel you actually used.

• Like 1

I try and remove as many variables as I can when I do my calculations and don't just leave it to what the car is telling me.

1 hour ago, Gren said:

In my previous car I found that tyre pressure made a difference, and also changing between my summer and winter tyres.

Tried changing pressures but it made absolutely no difference. My winter tyres are the exact same dimensions and profile as the tyres supplied with the car so there is no difference in the rolling circumference when I change them. (the only real measure that would make a difference)

1 hour ago, Gren said:

Presumably due to a marginal difference in rolling radius.

Perhaps you mean rolling resistance? (I've never seen or heard of "rolling radius" applied to tyre technology - rolling circumference seems to be the preferred term in terms of physical dimensions). Rolling resistance may indeed be the marginal difference which would affect mpg and that would depend on the compound and build. I keep my tyres at the standard 31 front 29 rear recommended for the Yaris and the tyres supplied on my model and monitor them constantly. So at least I am keeping that variable as constant as I can (allowing for temperature variation of course - on a run, they rise to 35/33psi usually).

1 hour ago, Gren said:

I did exactly the same regular journey, with one set on the odometer showed 260 miles, the other it read 272 miles.  Google maps said it was somewhere in between.  So your actual consumption may also depend on the actual distance travelled, the average fuel consumption as calculated by the car and the quantity of fuel you actually used.

The only (possibly/probably) inaccurate variable that comes into my own calculations every time is the odometer but at least that is the same for every time and so reliable for comparison purposes. I never rely on the dashboard telling me anything about mpg at all and always fill up using the same visual methodology (to the exact same point in the filler neck) at every fill up using the exact same fuel from the exact same filling station. This has been the same (long journeys) for us over the last year at 97 miles each way (long domestic story) which has spanned the old car (Red Baron) and the new car (Blue Demon) so again, fair for comparison (in between, very few local journeys - trying to walk as much as possible to try and keep fit!).

So, I would suggest that my findings are as accurate as I can make them given the conditions.

• Like 2

The Blue Demon just keeps on reminding me who he is again and again... aaaarrrrgggh! :devil2:

image.thumb.png.d9a9b49bc0a530a30a5ed9cb56042a6b.png :Jumpy:

(this was 68.3 indicated when we pulled in to fill up...)

• Haha 2

The Fuel Economy Of The Beast! :eek:  :laugh: 

Another new advertising campaign? "Toyota Yaris Hybrid - Powered by Satan!" :unsure:

maybe not... :fear: 

• Haha 3

Picked mine up today. First trip of 20 miles now showing 26 miles on the clock. App says it did 76.2mpg ! Somehow I don’t believe it. That’s 10 mpg more than my excel used to do with 20000 miles on it. 

• Like 4

Never believe the onboard display (usually between 2.5-5% high) but, nevertheless, I have seen similar figures on the display after certain journeys that I have done. My own calculated mpg figures are consistently showing though, that the 130 powertrain seems to more efficient than the 115...

• Like 5

Just checked tire pressures 45psi! Wonder if that had anything to do with the excellent mpg 🙄 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Ralph H said:

Just checked tire pressures 45psi!

Good grief! 😮

3 minutes ago, Ralph H said:

Wonder if that had anything to do with the excellent mpg 🙄 

Probably! It's also probably given you a nice belt of worn rubber around the centre of the tyre! 🤣

• Like 2

So much for PDI 🙄

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Is that the 'cold' psi? 'tis a bit high if so, esp if that's with the 17 or 18" rims! Still not as bad as  mine (Which were 60psi on 17" rims on delivery! :eek: ), but definitely not to spec.

Mine gets into the low 40's fairly regularly when it's a hot day like this and I'm doing a lot of motorway, so is normalish for 'hot' pressure.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Is that the 'cold' psi?

Yeah checked them this morning so they were cold although sat in the sun. It drives a lot better now it’s not riding on solid tires. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Cyker said:

Mine gets into the low 40's fairly regularly when it's a hot day like this and I'm doing a lot of motorway, so is normalish for 'hot' pressure.

The highest I've seen with my 17"ers running at motorway speeds in this current weather is 35/35 front & 33/33 at the rear. A pretty consistent rise of 4psi all around...

• Like 2

Regarding delivery times, we ordered ours on the 14th and are due to pick it up on the 27th! Not bad, considering we were told 4-6 weeks at first, then the 'first two weeks of August'.

• Like 2

This machine just keeps on getting better and better....

Methinks I have nailed the "sweet spot" while driving!

image.thumb.png.12ecbd51e6775b913599a8321cc75d17.png

The last 10 fuel ups are looking pretty awesome too! :yahoo:

image.thumb.png.0c87bbcffdd51c6854cef9569a989dbe.png

The gas struts arrived today for my bonnet. Once I have them installed, I'll take some photos and do a review...

• Like 7

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links