Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cd Player/tape Deck

fazzy

Alright guys,

I put up a thread before about how i had a original tape deck and i added a AM cd player and how i wanted to use both.

Answer is there isnt a proper way to do it, there are no parts or adaptors which you can buy so that you can power both devices at the same time.

Toyotas own brand of cd player can be run with the tape deck cause toyota have made all in one wiring but it will cost you.

If your interested in running two devices at one, it doesnt just need to be a cd player and tape player, it could be mini disc or anything the only way you can do it is to share wires. If you share the power wire of the tape and cd and the ground of tape and cd etc etc then you are good to go.

But theres a few problems which can occur, if you turn both on chances are stuff is going to ****** up. I cant be 100% sure but i aint gonna turn both on to find out but i think Speakers would be a factor.

Anyway as long as you dont run both your cool. So theres the basics but i have a few things to ask.

I am going to run a switch from the tape & cd power wire to some where on the dash so i know that some idiot cant turn both on at the same time.

Thing is i dont know where to put it.

There is a button on the dash beside the LCD display which says tape:CD and i would love it if i could run the switch into that to change between the tape and cd player but i have no clue how to, anyone know :help: (you need to know your stuff to for this one)

If not there how about under the steering wheel theres a little shelf thing, maybe there. Does anyone have know where i can nicely put it plus any other switches for later on ie interior neons etc

Cheers, any useful information would be usefull

ull need a single pole double throw switch for the acc/ignition power cables, the othas can all be permanent u should be fine to wire the spkeres all across e.g. shared

you will find it hard looking for a 12V 450A switch, a 240V 10A switch should do the job

a SPDT is wot you need put the acc power in to the switch then run 2 cables from it one to each unit get a decent 240v 5/10A switch i use the large chrome toggle switches avaiable from maplins £1.79

HI, can some tell me were i can get the circuit layout of the toyota yaris LCD display and tape/cd player.

What it is, theres a button beside the LCD unit which says tape:cd which means if you had a toyota tape and cd player you can change between both of them, but i have a AM cd and i am trying to connect it to that button as the tape player already is, allowing me to change between the two.

Thing is the button and all the other button ie volume etc are part of the LCD unit so there is no physical way to get to the tape:CD button (so i think, not sure).

I figure i need the circuit layout to figure out which wire from the cd player i need to connect to the LCD unit and were?

Am i right?

All info is much appericated

thanks bye

Can i order it or do i need to go to the dealer garage, also how much it cost?

You think if i asked toyota guys they would help?

search for relevant posts on here as this has been mentiopned bfore on here, but toyota shud definatley help

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links