Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Led Windsreen Washers

fazzy

Hi guys,

i know LEDs in the windscreen washer bits aint that cool but i have had them in for ages and dont want to put the old one back in cause the washer bits are silver and will match the silver grille.

So i had them connected to the side lights so when i turned them on the leds would to and i was just going to remove the wiring, but i thought it would be better if i could run a switch from the leds to somewhere inside the car.

:help:

Can anyone tell me how to do this, how to run a wire from inside the bonnet to inside the car to a switch somewhere near the steering wheel?

:help:

Cheers also if you know about switches etc can you take a look at ma other post

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22028

about the tape deck/cd player wiring problem i got ,

cheers

i have switch for my washer jets!! and all my other neons, switch is wired upto Battery, and all neons wired to switch!!

matt or someone has my how to on that one!!

it might be better to keep it separate from the sidelight, to get inside the car you will have to make a hole in the nipple or remove it(its less painful than putting the LED washers on)

you can put your switch here

Switch Panel

switch.asp#1.gif

I was given it, it hard to get of the keyring, do I use it for summut else

Vmail:

"to get inside the car you will have to make a hole in the nipple or remove it"

what exactly do you mean?

cheers,

i know everyone dont think there cool and neither do i to a certain point hence the switch but this way have the best of both worlds, you can choose.

under the hood there is a black rubber gromit, I dont have the pics but you can see other cables there

so do you just make a hole threw that, where does it lead to, i'm guessing the main dash?

Also how do you get the wire to the switch on the right handside of the steering wheel shown in your pic

you can use a screwdriver, but watch the other wires

wire will go behind the glove box, reach for it where the footwell is, feed the wire under the carpet, accross the center part, remove the fuse cover to help to get to the panel

yeh! theres one on drivers side with loadsa wires goin in! and theres one on passenger side with no wires going in!!

but he can switch off the w****r lights when your not looking

cheers v-mail breezer and others who actually contributed to the post,

as much as i like the forum i hate it when people have a dig just cause they dont agree or understand.

People are like just get rid of the led, now i wouldnt have posted this thread if i wanted to do that duh!

Its attentio to detail which makes your car stand apart from the rest.

Also v-mail where you get the switches on the dash from?

Maplins, you can use a drill or a soldering iron(used in a ventalated area) to make the hole

lol exactly :)

what colour are they? every1 round my way has white and blue, im the only one with red, lol!

i have em hooked upto a MAX POWER multi switch!! now am gona b dissed for this now :rolleyes: lol but i dont care it does the job!

Okay...

Its worth mentioning LED washer jets are illegal (thats why the packaging states 'for off road use only'), they are distracting to other drivers.. and IMHO a menace caused by the max power generation..

Now, your right, it is your choice... and trust me, im the first to rave about the little things making the most differences, but again, IMHO, i think these lights are distgusting, and why anyone would ruin their car with them is beyond me.. but each to their own..

Ian(1) what about white LED numberplate lights, are they ok with you?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links