Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

HEV or PHEV

Sealiedog

6 hours ago, P_J said:

I've recently done a couple 250 mile motorway runs in the PHEV and found it to be quieter and smoother than anything I've driven in before, and the lane centering and adaptive cruise made the journey a doddle. I jumped out of the car at the other end feeling liked I'd just nipped to the local shop. No aches or tiredness at all, and one of the journeys was a lot of stop/starts in often heavy rain. Great car for long journeys. As long as you turn off the audible speed limit notifications. 

The lane centering works? 😅

6 minutes ago, Nick72 said:

Good point Ernie. I'm mostly driving on the M6 and M5. And M6 north of Lancaster. 

Yuck, you have my condolences!! :eek: 

• Haha 2

I am wondering if Toyota has done any soundproofing upgrades on the later facelift models which came into production in Sept 21 because I have noticed apart from an odd exception that the posters with noise complaints are coming from 2020/21 owners . . . 🤔

As for tyre noise, Toyota don't seem to stick to one brand or model so this may cause an issue.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Nick72 said:

The lane centering works? 😅

It does for me, perfectly, on motorways. 
I initially turned it off, as on A roads its too patchy to use effectively and becomes an annoyance, so best off. 
But for an M6 and M5 trip and back, it was a game-changer for me. I don't recall once having to intervene. 
I'd heard bad things about it on this forum before I got the car and just assumed I'll leave it turned off, but it worked great for me.. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

6 hours ago, P_J said:

It does for me, perfectly, on motorways. 
I initially turned it off, as on A roads its too patchy to use effectively and becomes an annoyance, so best off. 
But for an M6 and M5 trip and back, it was a game-changer for me. I don't recall once having to intervene. 
I'd heard bad things about it on this forum before I got the car and just assumed I'll leave it turned off, but it worked great for me.. 🤷‍♂️

Did you change the settings? I have it on mid or low sensitivity. Can't recall. High sensitivity and it was like ping pong.

• Like 2

It's whatever the default is I'm afraid. I've not changed it, and not got to that bit in the handbook, that would make me think to try different options. (I was trying to read a few pages at work each day over lunch, but not had time to get far as work too busy for a break!)

• Like 2

Whatever the settings it's always cycled across the lane and tended to be centred with  a bias to the left. I've found this unacceptable especially when driving on motorways with concrete barriers that are used to section off the actual nearside lane.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ernieb said:

Whatever the settings it's always cycled across the lane and tended to be centred with  a bias to the left. I've found this unacceptable especially when driving on motorways with concrete barriers that are used to section off the actual nearside lane.

Same. Definitely left bias on mine too. Not good when passing big lorries.

• Like 1

I think P_J's PHEV comes with Toyota Sense 2.5+, while ours are 2.0. I heard the difference is massive. I even saw a post from Redditor claiming TSS2.5+ is better than Tesla's auto pilot as he was comparing two.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, kucyk said:

I think P_J's PHEV comes with Toyota Sense 2.5+, while ours are 2.0.

Does anyone know if there is a way to tell from the VIN or software version numbers? 
It's certainly better than I was expecting...

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, P_J said:

Does anyone know if there is a way to tell from the VIN or software version numbers? 
It's certainly better than I was expecting...

There must be, but I have no idea what that might be ... 😉

There is a TSS Applicability Chart (dated 2022) that shows that a RAV4 Prime (PHEV) will be at least at TSS 2.5+:

TSS_Applicability_Chart.pdf

The press release for the 2024 PHEV states: "The 2024 model year RAV4 Plug-in benefits from the latest Toyota Safety Sense, with increased functionality and new features." The latest version of TSS at that point would have been TSS 3.0:

CFA_TSS_3.pdf

Although whether the press statement is wholly correct is anyone's guess ... 😉

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure all RAVs after the facelift are 2.5+

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links