Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Amplifier install

Kert

Hi, 

I am planning to install an amplifier for the subwoofer in my 2010 (e150) auris, and i was thinking what if i install it in the upper glove box?

The amp will be Soundigital evo5 800.1 whitch is a mini size amp and would fit in the glovebox nicely as you can se from the picture (the cardboard box is same size as the amp). The headunit and the Battery would be close so i would need to route only the speaker wires to trunk.

Obviously there will bee heat problems, so i suppose a cooling fan is needed also. But that would be easy to install a 80mm pc fan to the clove box.

But is there anything else i need to be be aware of? For example, where is the airbag installed? I don't want the amp to be smashed to my girlfriends face in case of accident.

Another option would be behind the glovebox, because there are plenty of room there also. But then i would need to fabricate somekind of bracket for it. And it would be harder to adjust the amp if needed. And there might be heat issues also in there. 

Is there a some other options at the front side of the car?

20240415_193331.jpg

Hi, If this is a Class "D" amp then anywhere should be ok, If you are worried about the Airbag then maybe think to install the Amp somewhere under the dash (above where your feet go) or under the seat or behind the centre console, That`s where I have my Amp although it will be going to the boot soon.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links