Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2024 v1 Map Update Available

philip42h

On 4/16/2024 at 9:29 PM, Rigsby said:

Took an age to download (server must have been busy), as Philip said I put the extracted iso files into a root folder named FMU, took just over an hour to update. 

All done.

IMG_6365.jpeg

Hi

Do you by any chance still have this update as I can't get to this stage on A Yaris.

21 hours ago, Whosthedaddy said:

Hi

Do you by any chance still have this update as I can't get to this stage on A Yaris.

No, sorry.

But not sure if it would be of any use to you as you get an activation code with the download which I assume will be unique.

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

Read through this topic and similar ones as I wanted to update my sat nav before setting off for France.

I registered the car with Mytoyota app and then went to e-maps and as the subscription with the car ran out when I bought it in June 2024 I paid the £119 for the latest map to be downloaded over the air.

I then get a message 'Current map too old' (bit like me if I'm honest) Full map update required, Visit MyToyota.eu.

This comes up as a site for sale when I googled it.

So my question is, have I just wasted my money, do I need to download to USB 32g drive and do I need to download full map update.

If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be grateful.

Nigel

19 minutes ago, Mereside said:

So my question is, have I just wasted my money, do I need to download to USB 32g drive and do I need to download full map update.

No, you haven't wasted your money - you have purchased the full update.

You simply need to go onto the My Toyota website, download to a 32 GB USB drive and apply the update from there - setting aside the necessary hours to complete the download, unpacking to USB and then updating the map in the car.

Hi Philip,

Thank you for the quick response.

I did have a look to try this but obviously missing something in my old age as I couldn't understand how to download to my 32 GB USB drive I have waiting.

16 minutes ago, philip42h said:

You simply need to go onto the My Toyota website ...

Expanded (hopefully)

1. Go to My Toyota
  2. [Click on Account and] Log-in using your My Toyota account (that's the same one that you use with the stupid App)
  3. Go to the e-Store > Purchased Items - you should see a "Map Update Spring 2024 ..."
  4. Click on Map Update Spring 2024 ... to see what you have purchased. From there you can

image.thumb.png.c4a8e9c0f06905552a1d8cedda862344.png

You then, obviously, download the update to your computer and transfer it to USB.

You'll need the Activation Code when updating the map in the car - it asks for that to prove that you have purchased the update.

The instructions are worth a read - but not that reliable or up-to-date.

More help may well be available when you've got the download part done ... 😉

• Like 1

Thank you again Philip,

Short version....  Did as you said and downloaded onto my Mac book, copied onto a new USB stick without un-zip. and it saved as 'FMU'. I didn't have to do anything with it.

I then put the USB data stick in the car and off it went having a chat with the system. A message came up 'validating update file' and it then asked for the activation code. Put the code in and now sat in the car having a cup of coffee and on the laptop looking at the screen showing 'overall progress' and 'package progress'.

I must be in a time loop as the clock on the navigation shows 8:36 and has done since I started 30mins ago.

Fingers crossed. 

4 minutes ago, Mereside said:

I must be in a time loop

It takes around 75 minutes to install to the car!

• Like 1

Update at 9:50.

It worked and everything seems to be installed correctly. 

Thanks again

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links