Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tubby Tubes? Few Wrong I Believe

midmotorsteve

ok, first grainger valve, turbo -> actuator, cut install G-valve? this is correct i believe.

actuator vsv, as below the pipe going to the right from the actuator isn't cut and blocked at each end, it goes straight to a metal pipe 6 cm away. Should i cut this and block both ends.

actuatorvsv.JPG

from the stock recirc dump valve, this hose is blocked :-

blockeddumptube.JPG

should it go to here where the pipe is capped?

whereithinkitshouldgo.JPG

many thanks in advance 'cause i'm sure you longer term tubby owners will help swiftly.

basically installing a boost gauge made me realise things were not right, i was getting 15psi in first and second, then in third it peaked at 13psi then dropped to 9psi, fourth only got to 9psi. Had a root around and the above possible 'errors' were detected. :)

Fella .. be so much easier to pop over on the weekend and compare it to mine ..

and yeah .. should be turbo -> Actuator and then ..

Hang on .. look in the sticky threads !! There is one for Paul Ports G-valve intstal guide :)

should be hungover Sunday, but about ..

You know, I've never come across such decent people as here on TOC.

*Honest*

Bibbs mate you're a star. :thumbsup:

whereithinkitshouldgo.JPG

This pipe should go to the charcoal canister, running next to the other one - it shouldn't be bunged! If the canister doesn't have the provision for two lines the incorrect one has been installed.

The pipe from the recirc valve nromally has an in line filter that then feeds back in to the other line, shouldn't worry about it.

Hope ths helps bud,

Matt.

Matt at present the charcoal canister tube runs to the pipe next to the small metal capped tube near the throttle body (thin blue tube). This makes sense to me as the fuel vapour is pu back into the inlet tract, why would the BOV want to go to the charcoal cannister??

Nothing to worry about on the motor mate. everything is fine with the turbes. The blocking off is not a problem from the BOV and the inlet MAN is ok.

What engine is it, REV1 or 2?

:lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links