Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Let Me Get This Straight.

qwertyuiop

When it comes to N/A cars - rev2's are quicker (faster?) than rev3+?

I know rev3 onwards has 17+ bhp over the rev2, can someone explain this? I'm interested to here where the extra weight comes from.

If I recall correctly most of the weight increase came from safety equipment (side impact bars etc..)

Also weight will vary from car to car due to options and standard kit eg:

my rev1 has no ABS, PAS, A/C, etc which means it will be lighter (aswell as worse brakes, harder to park, warmer etc)

Cheers,

Adz.

I think its more to do with the power curves than the weight. The rev2 with 158bhp delivers more torque lower down its rev range than the rev3+ 174bhp ones. This means that the 0-60 of the rev2 is a little quicker than a rev3

yeah they are faster but as far as I know you wouldnt notice it.. The real difference is that rev 1 and 2's have their max torque lower down the rev range (=less bhp), which makes them more driveable in town etc. (except if another car ploughed into the side of yours in which case a rev 3+ would probably be more driveable afterwards ;) )

-edit aaah kelvyn beat me to it :P still, he didnt mention the important drivability issues concerning side impacts :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links