Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

KMH to MPH

markus67

I have imported a 2021 Land Cruiser Prado from Japan and I need to change either the digital KPH to MPH or the clock.  Is there anyway that the digital KPH can be changed to MPH via ECU or via other methods.  Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Topic moved to the Land Cruiser forum

Hi Mark,changing the digital speedometer display from (KPH) to (MPH)  usually involves accessing the car's settings through the infotainment system or instrument cluster controls. However, the availability of this feature may well depend on the car's market specifications and software options. If it's not available through the settings menu, it might require reprogramming the electronic control unit (ECU) or using diagnostic tools, which could be more complex and might not be readily available. If you do not get a more definitive answer then It's probably best to ask a mechanic or dealer familiar with your model how to proceed. Hope this helps :smile:

• 4 months later...

I have a 2010 150 series with 4.0 petrol engine which I imported from Japan. 

It's not easy, if you fitted a can converter it would still say KM beside the reading as that is part of the display.

I found a really handy guy that took the data from a UK speed and somehow programmed it into my speedo despite the data coming from a diesel speedo.

I know have my odometer reading in miles and got him to fit a MPH speedo fascia from Lockwood Dials.

Took a lot of faffing around. 

Not sure about the 2021 as it has a different cluster but it still a 150 series.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Topics

• Our picks

• Toyota Gazoo Racing launches GR Supra GT EVO2 for the 2025 racing season
      Toyota Gazoo Racing (TGR) is now accepting orders for the new GR Supra GT4 EVO2. Vast feedback from racing teams and drivers around the world has been leveraged to produce an evolution of the GT car that delivers higher performance, reliability and operability.

Since the launch of the GR Supra GT4 in 2020, more than 120 cars have been sold. The efforts of teams and drivers have seen it win GT4-series races and international events in 11 countries worldwide, gaining more than 500 podium finishes and becoming the class champion in Asia, the USA and Europe.
    • Going back to its origins: World premiere of the all-new Toyota Land Cruiser
      Toyota today proudly reveals the all-new Land Cruiser, a model that draws directly on the original qualities that have made the Land Cruiser name synonymous with strength and reliability for more than 70 years
    • Toyota Gazoo Racing prepares for historic centenary edition of the Le Mans 24 Hours
      Toyota Gazoo Racing will contribute to another chapter in the history of Le Mans when they take on a record Hypercar field in the centenary edition of the world’s most famous endurance race next week (10-11 June)
    • Toyota Prius honoured with lifetime achievement award
      The Toyota Prius’s status as the pioneer that paved the way for today’s electrified vehicle market has been recognised with a lifetime achievement award in the TopGear.com Electric Awards 2023
    • Toyota Yaris reaches the landmark of 10 million global sales
      The ever-popular, multi-award-winning Yaris* nameplate has reached 10 million cumulative worldwide sales, performance which earns it a place alongside Toyota’s illustrious eight-figure achievers – Corolla, Camry, RAV4, Hilux and Land Cruiser
        • Thanks

Forums

News

Membership

• Insurance
  • Support