Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is This The End For My Engine?

TOYMOTA

:help: On my way home from work last night I was in a traffic jam and I looked at my temp gauge. It was on the red.

I thought, why the hell has that happend. I have the radiator fan on all the time cos the switch doesn't work properly, so it's not because that didn't kick in.

I pulled over, opened the bonnet and nothing seemed wrong (no steam or anything). Got back in and the temp needle was at the half way mark.

So I carried on driving home. I got about a hundred yards further down the road and the needle zoomed up to the red again (like the rev counter almost), stayed there for 30 secs or so, and then went flying back down again. It kept doing this the whole way home.

WHY???????

There's no water in the oil, so the head gasket aint gone as far as I know. There was water in the radiator when I took the cap off too.

The car however, did seem to have a hesitant spot at 4500rpm on the way to work yesterday morning, when I was accelarating from 2000rpm. It almost seemed like a mini misfire, but you wouldn't notice it unless you drove the car every day.

Now, this morning I went out to the car to start it, and it won't fire up. It's turing over okay but not sparking or something. Has the head gasket gone??

:help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help:

Any ideas peeps??

Check water level, oil level. Check fan is working, and possibly check that there is no gunk in your water pipes thats shopping your engine cooling.

This happened on an ex's fiesta and it was the pipes and lack of water!!!

There's plenty of water in the car, and oil. I checked em last night. No electrical fittings have come loose in the engine bay either.

might be worth changing the temp sender as this may have busted. if it hasnt blown any water off its unlikley that it is really overheating.

also its worth checking the contdition of the connector too

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links