Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My New Toy😄

152bobby

1 hour ago, 152bobby said:

As I approached my car I would open all windows to let the heat escape.

Hopefully, you’ll now be able to do it remotely (from 10 mins away) via myT App ??

13 minutes ago, Graham47 said:

Hopefully, you’ll now be able to do it remotely (from 10 mins away) via myT App ??

It would be nice if Toyota continue to add more functions to MyT app, it will free up their technicians in their workshops to do proper stuff, rather than change someone's window settings etc (but I'd only use this particular function as long as I could see my car)  😀 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 152bobby said:

I used "all windows open" function on my Lexus RX300 in summer a lot.  As I approached my car I would open all windows to let the heat escape. I hate that feeling you get when getting into a car on a bright sunny day.  A bit like getting into an oven 😂

You can now have the ac running when you arrive at your car.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, anchorman said:

You can now have the ac running when you arrive at your car.  

Yep, I've used that in my previous Aygo X during the winter months, but I only use that remote option when I can see the car, in this instance when I could see it outside the restaurant. 

I used it once for air con at a car boot in a big open field, so it was lovely and cool when I got inside, on the way back to the car, I saw some scumbag notice the engine was running and he tried the door handle.....I just cannot stand people like that.

So I'm VERY picky on when I use this option.

• Like 2

yes it's the old version of techstream used with a mini VCI (can bus only)

If anyone is interested, I ordered the attached on Aliexpress a week ago for my new Yaris Cross and and it arrived today (pretty quick delivery with full tracking and delivered by Evri).  I have just been out to test it on a drive.

It does indeed Lock/Unlock the doors when the speed reaches about 10/15mph and unlocks when the car is put in Park.

It does not flash the hazard lights when a door is opened and does not put the hazard lights on when reversing.  I would have liked this, but the main reason for buying this was for the Auto Lock/Unlock, so I'm keeping it and testing it's reliability. 

I have dropped the seller a note to inform him that it does not do all the functions stated.

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! 
£20.19 | OBD Speed Automatic Door Lock Unit for Toyota Prius 2023 Aqua Voxy Noah 90 2023 Rav4 Yaris Cross Autolock OBD link speed lock
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EJlPaex

Bought similar one previously for the MK3 Yaris, it did turn on hazard for reversing and opening the boot, didn't want that at all, so sold it 🙂

6 minutes ago, Mojo1010 said:

Bought similar one previously for the MK3 Yaris, it did turn on hazard for reversing and opening the boot, didn't want that at all, so sold it 🙂

Yes, it was the same on my Rav4, it did everything.  Anyway, I'm happy with just the Speed Lock Function .

I did have to use a OBD two port extension.  As I am powering my Nextbase Dash Cam and now this.

It does not flash the hazard lights when a door is opened and does notput the hazard lights on when reversing.  I would have liked this, but the main reason for buying this was for the Auto Lock/Unlock, 

Have you bought the non switchable one as the price shown for the switchable one which includes hazard lights is shown as £22.67 not £20.19.

6 minutes ago, Dezzer21 said:

It does not flash the hazard lights when a door is opened and does notput the hazard lights on when reversing.  I would have liked this, but the main reason for buying this was for the Auto Lock/Unlock, 

Have you bought the non switchable one as the price shown for the switchable one which includes hazard lights is shown as £22.67 not £20.19.

That may be it, maybe the one with a switch built in has the Hazard Lights options !!

I like the plain one.  Don’t need hazard lights drawing attention to wife getting out.  I can switch them on when I need them, it’s not a Scania.   

31 minutes ago, anchorman said:

I like the plain one.  Don’t need hazard lights drawing attention to wife getting out.  I can switch them on when I need them, it’s not a Scania.   

Ok, you buy the switched one and I'll swap you😂

6 hours ago, 152bobby said:

Ok, you buy the switched one and I'll swap you😂

Don’t need one on the Lexus or I would have done!

• Like 1

I can't seem to get my radio volume to reduce when Google Maps is given verbal directions, both the radio and Google voice volumes are the same level.  I've looked at settings in the head unit and Google maps and can't seem to see anything.

This wasn't a problem in any other vehicle, so what am I missing ?

17 minutes ago, 152bobby said:

I can't seem to get my radio volume to reduce when Google Maps is given verbal directions, both the radio and Google voice volumes are the same level.  I've looked at settings in the head unit and Google maps and can't seem to see anything.

Apple Maps. That Google lady has an irritating voice.   I must admit, mine mutes but I don’t know if it’s in the settings.  It’s a Lexus but the same system as far as I know.  

A beauty !

On 5/11/2024 at 12:42 PM, 152bobby said:

I also would like to know how to adjust the volume of the commands in Google Maps and Waze.

5 minutes ago, Trewithy said:

I also would like to know how to adjust the volume of the commands in Google Maps and Waze.

If and when I find it, I'll let you know.  It's pretty annoying.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, 152bobby said:

If and when I find it, I'll let you know.  It's pretty annoying.

You have to adjust it while she’s talking. 

Just now, anchorman said:

I tried that - it didn't work.

Just now, anchorman said:

That worked in all my other cars, but for some reason, she (they) don't want to play with me !!!

I will try it again tomorrow in case my mind was playing tricks.

• Like 1

I've noticed that in mine too with Traffic Announcements - In the Mk1 and Mk2, when the TA cut in, you could adjust the volume and it would remember, and revert when the TA finished, but the Mk4 doesn't :confused1:

It'd be more annoying but the TA has stopped working completely and I haven't been able to get it working, so now it's a bit moot...

One of the fundamental problems with TA in cars is that it is reliant on an FM sub-carrier on the Capitol FM frequency and since DAB & DAB+ came on stream in cars, I don't know of any Head Unit that can successfully switch from DAB to FM and back again after a TA has finished. If you're listening to an FM station, it works just fine but I, for one, haven't listened to an FM station for over 5 years now as DAB is so much better.

• Like 2

Adjusting the volume using the steering wheel button or the knob next to the display works for the built-in sat nav but not for phone based apps.

12 minutes ago, Trewithy said:

Adjusting the volume using the steering wheel button or the knob next to the display works for the built-in sat nav but not for phone based apps.

What bright spark at Toyota decided to change that in this model, it worked fine in my new Aygo X with AA and CP.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links