Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My New Toy😄

152bobby

3 hours ago, 152bobby said:

So the way I thought it should have worked is possible ?  If so, I'm popping back 😄

Absolutely it's possible.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CPN said:

So it looks like he didn't enable the close option also then?! (which is there using Techstream so he should have seen it!)

Is this option available by 1 press of the lock button without having to long press?

Long press is usually required to close windows when locking car

The way mine is set (at the moment), is long press, if you take your finger off before the windows are fully open or closed, they stop mid way.

Even my Lexus from YEARS ago closed and opened completely with just a longer one press and let go.

I'll definitely go back.

The option of opening or closing the windows from the key fob has always been a long press for both in order to distinguish it from other actions.

By the way, this long press operation prevents you from double locking (dead locking) the doors so, if you want to do that, you have to unlock straight away (after the window action) and then press twice to perform the deadlock in the normal way.

Thanks for the info.  I always double tap the handle to lock anyway.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 152bobby said:

Thanks for the info.  I always double tap the handle to lock anyway.

ditto...

I don't think it's possible to set it so all the windows close automatically when you lock the car...

AFAIK there's only the hold lock/unlock to close/open windows setting...

• Like 1

Just now, Cyker said:

I don't think it's possible to set it so all the windows close automatically when you lock the car...

Hmm....someone must know this answer on here.  I don't want to go back to the dealer and bump my gums if I'm wrong !!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Cyker said:

That is how it worked on my Yaris Cross.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, 152bobby said:

Hmm....someone must know this answer on here.  I don't want to go back to the dealer and bump my gums if I'm wrong !!

What's the issue? Bump away! 🙂 I've already told you that you are not wrong. The long press setting is available for both lock/unlock associated with closing/opening all the windows on both the Yaris and Yaris Cross but you need the access software to enable both. (Toyota Techstream)

(and no, you cannot set it to do it with a normal short press, either way)

• Like 1

I'm not saying you may be wrong.  It would be nice to know if anyone has this function on their YC.

And I'm in a bad mood anyway, because Scotland are losing 3-0 at half time 😭🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

I think you mis-read - He already has it coded to long-press open/close windows; He wants to have it auto-close all the windows when the car is locked

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cyker said:

I think you mis-read - He already has it coded to long-press open/close windows; He wants to have it auto-close all the windows when the car is locked

Correct 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 152bobby said:

Correct 

Ah right, but, I already told you that that is not possible...

40 minutes ago, CPN said:

(and no, you cannot set it to do it with a normal short press, either way)

As I understood it, you had the dealer program the unlock to open all the windows with a long press and so assumed that you already knew that that function would only work with a long press and can't be programmed to work with a normal short press...

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links