Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Disabling the "auto power off" with Techstream

koji

I just wanted to show there is a way to disable the "auto power off" with Techstream.

No idea how effective it is, I mean, does it allow unlimited time, until Battery drains?

Perhaps it might be helpful to somebody (I can only think when you have to update the maps...)

So go to the "power source" ECU, then "utility", and finally "auto power off" (please see the snapshot)

auto power off.JPG

Hi Koji,there's some interesting information circulating about Techstream potentially allowing you to disable the auto power off function. It involves accessing the power source ECU and navigating to utility and then auto power off. as you have already done. It is unconfirmed functionality,while the steps sound specific, there doesn't appear to be any official confirmation from Toyota whether Techstream can definitively disable auto power off without issues. this makes the effectiveness of this method uncertain. Disabling auto power off entirely could lead to your Battery draining completely if you forget to turn the car off manually.

Overall, while Techstream might offer an option related to auto power off, its exact purpose and effectiveness remain unclear. It's best to give your Toyota dealership or a mechanic to confirm if doing this with Techstream will cause Battery problems etc.They can advise you on safer alternatives like extending accessory power mode if available on your car for tasks like map updates. It will be interesting to learn if this does have any implications by Disabling.Hope this helps.:smile:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links