Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I need to get wood! But how much can I get?

Nick72

Got to go to the timber merchant tomorrow. Sorting out one of the sheds and going to improve the storage space by putting some shelving in at multiple heights along with some general decluttering. I'll get the wood cut to size in the shop. Probably go for marine ply which I used when I put a new floor into the shed. 

Question... What's the longest length I can get in the car (R4 PHEV, if it makes any difference)? Assuming I can ride it up a little on the front passenger seat if I can move that forward and tilt forward. Tea towel wrapped over the end of the planks of course.

This is one of those rare moments I miss the Peugeot 3008 hybrid4 GT 300 with the completely fold flat passenger front seat. 

Yes I could get it delivered but not till next week by which time it will be p..... it down again up North. Want to sort it tomorrow.

Any experiences? Any tips?

Thanks all

I’ve got 2.4m lengths but only 50 x 100mm. Bigger stuff I’ve put onto the roof (rack). On the roof I’ve got a standard door size with two of us lifting it into place.

(maybe get it cut and delivered is easier)

Good luck with the job….

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nick72 said:

Assuming I can ride it up a little on the front passenger seat if I can move that forward and tilt forward.

Remove the passenger headrest and lay the seat back as far as it will go. You can then get planks pretty much all the way to the windscreen ...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, philip42h said:

Remove the passenger headrest and lay the seat back as far as it will go. You can then get planks pretty much all the way to the windscreen ...

Yep, 3.20 metres if I remember correctly.

• Like 1

Awesome thanks each. Great advice. Off now to sort.

Reminds me of The Plank (1967):

• Haha 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links