Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

DRCC acceleration settings.

SDR

1 hour ago, The auldyin said:

DRCC will NOT see a stationary vehicle! It must be moving in the same direction as you. I've been using adaptive cruise control

for over 12 years. Love it, but you must still be in control at all times.

That’s probably why mine didn’t pick up the stopped car at the end of the slip road exit when I was testing it. 

12 hours ago, sportse said:

That’s probably why mine didn’t pick up the stopped car at the end of the slip road exit when I was testing it. 

100%. That's why I felt compelled to post that. No one seemed to suggest this. 

On 5/12/2024 at 6:29 AM, sportse said:

I’ve also found it doesn’t keep the speed going downhill that well, and can go over the limit you’ve set by 1 or 2 mph and not slow down for ages so I have to override it by setting the speed down another couple of mph before then putting it back. 

For economy Toyota recommended dropping your speed by 5 mph on a climb.  If you don't you will hit the peak at the set speed and 'balloon' as you crest the rise.  As you exceed the set speed you will get an audio warning.  If that set speed was the speed limit that also burble.

I find the best way is a quick Cancel before the peak, let the speed bleed off slightly, then Resume allowing the car to accelerate on HV alone. 

On 5/14/2024 at 9:20 AM, SDR said:

I haven't worked out, yet, how far ahead the system detects a vehicle in front.  I don't think it is much more than about 100m.  Probably depends upon conditions and the size of the 'target' too.

I have opted for the single dial setup with the drcc display on the right where it is clear and uncluttered.

On the drcc screen, a car icon will appear when when it has seen something in front.

22 minutes ago, The auldyin said:

On the drcc screen, a car icon will appear when when it has seen something in front.

Absolutely, what I have been trying to work out is how close I am to the vehicle in front when that happens, I.e. the range of the radar (I haven't used it enough yet).

Different subject, I noted your point that the DRCC doesn't pick up stationary vehicles, and I'm sure that is so.   What I don't know is how, or if, it reacts to slow moving traffic, e.g. driving at 70mph on the motorway and closing rapidly on cars in a slow moving queue. 

I am sure that I would have cancelled the DRCC and would be slowing down well before I was in 'radar range' anyway, so it probably doesn't matter.

47 minutes ago, SDR said:

Absolutely, what I have been trying to work out is how close I am to the vehicle in front when that happens, I.e. the range of the radar (I haven't used it enough yet).

Different subject, I noted your point that the DRCC doesn't pick up stationary vehicles, and I'm sure that is so.   What I don't know is how, or if, it reacts to slow moving traffic, e.g. driving at 70mph on the motorway and closing rapidly on cars in a slow moving queue. 

I am sure that I would have cancelled the DRCC and would be slowing down well before I was in 'radar range' anyway, so it probably doesn't matter.

Hi Simon. In that case definitely brake in advance, then re engage cruise to join the queue.

If you are approaching a car close to your speed, just let the DRCC do it's job.

• Like 1

I got braver and let the car take me from a 72ish indicated right down to a crawling pace of around 7/8Mph. The tech works but I prefer to press the cancel button and glide to a crawl when I come to slow traffic. 

Next test for me will to let the car crawl in traffic whilst the DRCC is still set to 70 with my foot firmly hovering the brake.  😬

No particular reason for this just to see if it is truly a no foot operation when set on A roads and Motorways. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chuffmonkey said:

see if it is truly a no foot operation

I use it just like that 95% of the time.

It's especially useful in stop start traffic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chuffmonkey said:

I got braver and let the car take me from a 72ish indicated right down to a crawling pace of around 7/8Mph. The tech works but I prefer to press the cancel button and glide to a crawl when I come to slow traffic. 

Next test for me will to let the car crawl in traffic whilst the DRCC is still set to 70 with my foot firmly hovering the brake.  😬

No particular reason for this just to see if it is truly a no foot operation when set on A roads and Motorways. 

Not a great idea TBH. Especially at a roundabout. It loses sight of the car in front and shoots forward, scary. Best to set a low speed till you get going again.

21 hours ago, The auldyin said:

Not a great idea TBH. Especially at a roundabout. It loses sight of the car in front and shoots forward, scary. Best to set a low speed till you get going again.

I wouldn't take the risk at roundabout situations, more for when traffic is crawling for no apparent reason on a straight road. 

I live half way up a mountain in Scotland, nearest town 35 miles away. I decided to try driving my Seat leon home one day without touching the pedals.

I did it successfully. Pretty chuffed. The Seat version was easier and more configurable than the Swace. I do miss that.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links