Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Excel vs Premiere Edition

ninanina

I’m quite happy listening to my walkman…

• Haha 2

If your computer doesn't have CD/DVD drive you can always buy external one, connected via USB 🙂 

I just have Apple iPad 

Then you will need to borrow a laptop computer from someone 🙂 maybe your neighbour or relative can help with that? 

8 hours ago, hind said:

Then you will need to borrow a laptop computer from someone 🙂 maybe your neighbour or relative can help with that? 

All have Apple iPads I’m afraid 

60 GBP used laptop from eBay it is then 😉

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, hind said:

60 GBP used laptop from ebay it is then 😉

My laptop is somewhere on Hillingdon refuse tip. Every time I turned it on it kept downloading windows something or other and using up my monthly data allowance. I thought I would teach that Will Bates a lesson - can't gobble up all my data unless he goes digging on the dump.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, hind said:

60 GBP used laptop from ebay it is then 😉

Good idea but I’m happy listening to radio 2 etc 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Countryside said:

I’m happy listening to radio

So the lack of CD player is not really a problem then 😉 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, hind said:

So the lack of CD player is not really a problem then 😉 

Yes and no 👍 but I’m not buying a crap old laptop off eBay Thankyou for your help 

• Haha 2

Will carry on listening to CDs in my home on my old Nad system with AR Speakers 40 years old sounds so good 👍❤️

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Countryside said:

Will carry on listening to CDs in my home on my old Nad system with AR speakers 40 years old sounds so good 👍❤️

It’ll skip when you set it up in the car.  Communards ‘ll be all over the place.  

• Haha 5

40 years no problems with amp cd player and Speakers things were made better then 👍

• Like 3

I didn’t get a chance to go to my dealer on Tuesday so am going tomorrow morning instead 

Does anyone know if both the Yaris and Cross can be supplied from the dealer with a spare wheel with all the kit and if so approximate cost?  I’ve read that these can be purchased but I’d prefer it just to all be fitted by the dealer ready to go 

24 minutes ago, ninanina said:

I didn’t get a chance to go to my dealer on Tuesday so am going tomorrow morning instead 

Does anyone know if both the Yaris and Cross can be supplied from the dealer with a spare wheel with all the kit and if so approximate cost?  I’ve read that these can be purchased but I’d prefer it just to all be fitted by the dealer ready to go 

@ninanina there are several long discussions on this topic (complete with diagrams and pictures) and they are worth a read. Search under spare wheel. I see there is a new thread just started.

In summary

Car usually supplied as new with puncture repair foam.

Spare wheels supplied are all same size despite size of alloys and tyres supplied. All detailed in the threads.

Some prefer to buy a full size wheel

Some buy a Toyota generic kit (fits several models/ car) and dealer will supply and charge to fit OR DIY in about 1 hour.

Some buy generic, non Toyota spare kit and for that.

Note spare cannot be put under boot floor in AWD models as the 2nd motor gets in the way.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, RedToyota said:

@ninanina there are several long discussions on this topic (complete with diagrams and pictures) and they are worth a read. Search under spare wheel. I see there is a new thread just started.

In summary

Car usually supplied as new with puncture repair foam.

Spare wheels supplied are all same size despite size of alloys and tyres supplied. All detailed in the threads.

Some prefer to buy a full size wheel

Some buy a Toyota generic kit (fits several models/ car) and dealer will supply and charge to fit OR DIY in about 1 hour.

Some buy generic, non Toyota spare kit and for that.

Note spare cannot be put under boot floor in AWD models as the 2nd motor gets in the way.

Thanks for the info RedToyota

It will definitely not be for the AWD version 

I was really wondering if anyone else had ordered a new car as well as a spare wheel & kit at the same time so that the dealer has it fitted and ready when they pick the car up 

• Like 1

Yaris comes with a space saver wheel and jack, only the pan roof version comes with puncture kit. Assuming YC is the same? Someone will correct me if that is not the case. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mojo1010 said:

Yaris comes with a space saver wheel and jack, only the pan roof version comes with puncture kit. Assuming YC is the same? Someone will correct me if that is not the case. 

My Excel 24 did not come with a spare it had the repair kit 

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, Mojo1010 said:

Not so. I'm afraid that they have gone back to supplying just puncture kits across the range in MY24 cars.

• Sad 2

13 hours ago, ninanina said:

Let us all know you get on this morning young Bev 👍

• Like 1

Not sure how it looks in UK specs but ours have space saver in 3 lowest configs and puncture kit in 3 highest configs, including Premiere and GR Sport. 

In other words, if you start your car with a key, you get the extra wheel 😉

6 minutes ago, hind said:

Not sure how it looks in UK specs but ours have space saver in 3 lowest configs and puncture kit in 3 highest configs, including Premiere and GR Sport. 

In other words, if you start your car with a key, you get the extra wheel 😉

Mine in the uk is a MK24 Yaris design with a key and has the puncture kit. I think all trims have. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, CPN said:

Not so. I'm afraid that they have gone back to supplying just puncture kits across the range in MY24 cars.

Not good. A combination of reasons to omit this; cost, emission and higher mpg figure. 

• Like 1

Well I went to my dealer this morning 

Initially spoke to the sales manager, who I know pretty well, and after some niceties got round to talking about me buying a new Yaris/Cross

Test drives absolutely no problem whatsoever which I’m used to at this dealer

First up was an Excel Yaris which I drove a little around the local area and then up the dual carriageway for a few miles so it was a mix of driving 

Unfortunately I didn’t like it at all……It handled nicely but I found it just far too uncomfortable.  The ride, for me, was too firm 

Next was the Cross in Design spec.  Took it on the same trip but again I knew I couldn’t live with it due to the ride quality

Coming from my Prius I expected the ride to be firmer but I didn’t expect it to be uncomfortable.  I know this sort of thing is very subjective though and I’m absolutely certain other people would be totally happy with the ride 

Both the Yaris and Cross size & spec wise would be perfect for me and I loved their design but I definitely couldn’t live with one on a daily basis.  The Honda Jazz I tested had a much nicer ride and I thought if only it had a Toyota Badge on it! 😊

My sales chap was very understanding though and after chatting again to the manager I decided to take a look at what else they had to offer…….. so next up was a CH-R 2 litre about 18 months old (old shape)

I know the CH-R fairly well as I hired one in Majorca last year and was very impressed with it 

As soon as I started driving the CH-R I knew it was a car that I could live with.  I took it on the same trip as the other two and came away thinking I will just buy it.  The 2 litre version was also so much nippier than I remember the 1.8 being 

However I’d taken rather longer chatting than expected and I was running out of time so there was no way to go deeper into purchasing so have booked to go back next week for a second look 

So yes I can definitely see what everyone likes about the Yaris/Cross but unfortunately they are just not for me 

• Like 3

Hi Bev. Just wondered what you found uncomfortable in the excel Yaris. I’m still trying to get a comfortable driving position in my Yaris. I think part of it is the shape of the seats as my old car didn’t have the bolster sides. I didn’t notice this on the 2 one hour test drives I did. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links