Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Excel vs Premiere Edition

ninanina

Chap in village has black Lexus LBX it looks awful I know it’s the luxury division of Toyota but wasted money just to tell people you have a Lexus 👍

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Countryside said:

wasted money

It's a very subjective term, you know ;) 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Countryside said:

Chap in village has black Lexus LBX it looks awful I know it’s the luxury division of Toyota but wasted money just to tell people you have a Lexus 👍

On my walk there is a white Lexus LBX and a white Yaris Cross parked within 3 houses of each other and with my eyes the LBX looks far nicer so it's a good job we don't all have the same opinion otherwise it would be a boring world.

• Like 3

It's subjective on looks, prefer the lbx over the Yaris. Will always want the lexus over the Toyota because of higher quality cabin. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, ColinB said:

We looked at the LBX before ordering our Yaris Cross Premiere and I definitely preferred the LBX interior (and exterior). The equivalent LBX was c£2.5k more and the PCP finance had a higher APR%, but what clinched it for us was the Cross felt as if there more legroom, although in theory that's not true. I'm 6'1" and can (just about) sit behind myself in the Cross, which I couldn't in the LBX. My wife also felt very cramped in the front of the LBX with the sales guy sitting behind her on our test drive. 

The Cross has a lot going for it and I’ve yet to sample the revised version but from an engineering perspective, the build quality of the LBX is head and shoulders above the Cross.  You sit lower in a LBX inside a cabin with more trim which probably accounts for your wife’s opinion.  I must admit, I love the stance of the Cross.  The absence of cooled seats precludes me having either of them.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, anchorman said:

The Cross has a lot going for it and I’ve yet to sample the revised version but from an engineering perspective, the build quality of the LBX is head and shoulders above the Cross.  You sit lower in a LBX inside a cabin with more trim which probably accounts for your wife’s opinion.  I must admit, I love the stance of the Cross.  The absence of cooled seats precludes me having either of them.  

After an injury making it difficult for me to get into cars the higher seating position in the Cross makes it easier for me to get in and out, my present RAV4 means I just slide in, although my wife has to climb up into it. I still liked the LBX though, but a happy wife means a happy life 😉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ColinB said:

After an injury making it difficult for me to get into cars the higher seating position in the Cross makes it easier for me to get in and out, my present RAV4 means I just slide in, although my wife has to climb up into it. I still liked the LBX though, but a happy wife means a happy life 😉

Yes, I agree the Cross is easier in that respect.   My need for cooled seats comes from my mrs so that dictates what we have.   We could run half the street lighting on the heat she generates.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Well, seeing that Toyota have finally updated their configurator on the website I decided to spec up a New Cross excel, I like the green/ bronze colour and it looks like a pan roof is £300 ( I might’ve got that wrong, it seems too cheap) , upon showing it to the mrs she informed me we won’t be getting another cross, which begs the question….will the dealer take her in px….against a New Cross.?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The dealer will take anything in part x for a new car sale. 👌

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Primus1 said:

Well, seeing that Toyota have finally updated their configurator on the website I decided to spec up a New Cross excel, I like the green/ bronze colour and it looks like a pan roof is £300 ( I might’ve got that wrong, it seems too cheap) , upon showing it to the mrs she informed me we won’t be getting another cross, which begs the question….will the dealer take her in px….against a New Cross.?

Should do is it just one owner ? 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Primus1 said:

Well, seeing that Toyota have finally updated their configurator on the website

Slowly going in the right direction - shame the brochure is still dated December 2022 🤣

Missus ordered a Juniper Blue Excel 24MY at start of April & its currently at Derby - she should have it before the end of June. 

• Like 1

I’ve already been on the Bangkok brides website, just in case…

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Countryside said:

Should do is it just one owner ? 

Been round the clock a few times, the big ends gone and there’s often a bit of a whine…

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Primus1 said:

Been round the clock a few times, the big ends gone and there’s often a bit of a whine…

Has it had a recent service...🤣

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Primus1 said:

IMG_0796.jpeg

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, MC1216 said:

Has it had a recent service...🤣

Well she was blessed by the vicar….

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links