Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Momentarily Loss Of Power

John1964

Anyone else had this issue,does it every day at exactly the same place

On my journey to work the road is a 30 mph stretch of road,there is a slight undulation in the road surface,loses power for about 1 second then all is 

Fine,any suggestions?

Thanks John 

Hi John,whilst it's a new car there might be an issue with the car's electrical system, such as a loose connection or a failing sensor, which could cause a brief loss of power. Since it happens at the same spot, vibrations or the undulation in the road could be triggering this issue. Unless other members have encountered the same problem and can offer a explanation I would ask your Toyota dealer to take a look. Hope this helps.🙂

Maybe drive that stretch with traction control off - it's probably reacting to the change of road surface. 

I'm guessing you're seeing a curvy road symbol on the dash at the same time (if you've got your dash display set up to show that section)

My guess is it's a driving aid, the car slowing down for a bend in the road. Hence why it happens same place every time.

I forget what it's called but you can disable it in the settings on the dashboard.

You do need to be stationary to access that part of the menu though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Extreme_One said:

I'm guessing you're seeing a curvy road symbol on the dash at the same time (if you've got your dash display set up to show that section)

My guess is it's a driving aid, the car slowing down for a bend in the road. Hence why it happens same place every time.

I forget what it's called but you can disable it in the settings on the dashboard.

You do need to be stationary to access that part of the menu though.

I believe you're thinking of the proactive driving assistance setting.

• Like 1

If you’re using cruise control, it can feel like losing power/stuttering on road undulations - I’ve found it’s much more sensitive to road surface than other cars I’ve driven. That’s with the cornering assist option for the cruise control turned off. 

bur if you aren’t using cruise control, mine doesn’t do this. 

I’ve also turned off the proactive driving assistance which is supposed to work all the time as I found it wasn’t consistent. 

On 5/17/2024 at 5:23 PM, trashman1965 said:

Maybe drive that stretch with traction control off - it's probably reacting to the change of road surface. 

Is it safe to turn the traction control off?

Won't hurt just to test and also turn off the predictive drive. Once uou know what it's is you can switch everything back on but pretty sure traction control turns back on next start.

IIRC, the PDA was the only part of the TSS that was turned off by default.   Mine certainly was, and I've never felt inclined to turn it on.

1 hour ago, John1964 said:

Is it safe to turn the traction control off?

Yes, the only time I’ve seen it activate very briefly on mine is occasionally nipping out of T junctions where you have the wheels turned and are accelerating quickly. 

until I got my seat position just right, I used to turn it off sometimes by hitting the button with my knee accidentally. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links