Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ma Cars Got A Strut

breezer

Hey hey!!

Gots ma strut brace, its on, but one of my bolts on my car wouldnt come off so its attached firmly to 3 bolts :blink: there is nothing wrong with the strut brace at all and is in fine condition B)

not gona try and get that bolt off that wont come off!!! its takin the mic!! can tell the difference!!

but not sure i wana keep it when its only attached by 3 bolts!! think i might try to find it a new home! who is loving and caring to their car..... :hokus-pokus:

Breezer. Use a good quality six sided socket and a longish handle to get some leverage.. It`ll come off ok. A spanner or bi hex socket will prob round the nut off. :D

they are lock tighted on , just give it some pork pies for a few days , you'll soon get the power to shift it.

storm the brace he got is maybe the 4 hole slot in type.not the circular 3 holed 1.

it attachs by two bolts each side!!! lol!! iv tried everything it wont come off and its startin to round so av left it!!

so a might sell it on for around £40 or sumthin, doubt the site will give me a refund :blink:

dude just take it off......Ya weakling....

Get a massive socket wrench and a massive spanner....

Put the hole of the spanner onto socket wrench and youv got a massooosive socket wrench, use that leverage and a bit of stringth itll start to turn!!

seriously dude we tried! all the other 3 came off easily! just this one was a !Removed!!!

id prefer to have lowering springs anyways

so ne offers anyone :P

lol dude!! you should see the nut, its starting to round, and i dont fancy knackin it up anymore!!! besides i want lowering springs :hokus-pokus:

keep the brace, and save for suspension... if you get springs, you want uprated dampers too. KYB's from fensport are 20% stiffer and won't break the bank!

And remember - clockwise is to Tighten - Anti-clockwise is to loosen!!! :P :thumbsup:

dude, are you even using the right size spanner???

lol yeah dude!! i aint using one of those adjustable ones coz they suck and dont work on these, jus slides outa place!!

i was using set size ones, thats how i got the other 3 off :blink: its quite hard to tighten as much as they were b4 i loosened them!! i wouldnt mind keeping it if i could get that nut off :huh:

Get a pair of mole grips on it and just knack it ..............but it'll come off. Then replace the nut with a shiny new one.JOB DONE !

Rich (not Asha)

hmmmmm me mates on the phone to his cousin!! he likes working on cars so hes bound to have something!!!

What would be even better is if your cousins mate has got a torque spanner as the suspension bolts are supposed to tightened to certain level. I think it was 47Nm on my TS. I would imagine it would be the same for other Yarii

got it off using a rachet or something!! did this whilst fitting mud flaps, which my i add look very nice :D

YAYAYAYAY! Tis not up for sale now :) il try and get pix up soon :)

thanx for help peeps!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links