Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2022 Yaris uneven rear tyre wear

kernowjim

2 hours ago, Cyker said:

the kind of places that'd have the skill and willing to attempt that sort of unsanctioned alignment are rare these days!

They were rare a decade or two back. (I actually found one locally - it was amazing.)

Who said it should be easy? 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Mojo1010 said:

I'm off to Cornwall for a week next month, using Truro as base. Could get it off Cyker and pass on to you, just need to take a fee from both 🙂. Kidding of course! Got a full car of passengers and luggages. 

surely you'd prefer a car full of wheels and tyres to one full of people?  I know I would 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Cyker said:

Absolutely, although the kind of places that'd have the skill and willing to attempt that sort of unsanctioned alignment are rare these days!

Probably the kind of place where the mechanic looks down on these fancy Hunter Laser tracking systems and just uses marked skid plates and some string to achieve the same thing :laugh: 

Thankfully it's pretty rare for the Yaris rear-end to really go out of alignment unless it's been in an impact of some sort - Usually it is tyres or bushes.

Ooh you're a brave man - you might want to pre-book in a massage place at your destination because you're going to need it after being in a Yaris for 5 hours! :eek: :laugh: 

Ooh I don't know, I drove to Venice in mine, from Cornwall....

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, kernowjim said:

surely you'd prefer a car full of wheels and tyres to one full of people?  I know I would 

Got a full set that isn't uneven wear that is enough 😉 (though have not actually measured). Add at least 2-3 psi for front and back I'd suggest. 

@Cyker I think it would be 5hr + 30-60 mins as I take it easy and don't always drive at 70 mph, taking a few breaks. 

• Like 1

Depending on which way you're going, no point in rushing as it's a lovely drive!

The first time I went M3-A303 to get to Budleigh Salterton years ago (Maybe even a decade at this point :eek: ), it was one of the nicest drives I've ever had, although I did it all in one go, no stops (Left at 5am to try and get there for 9!), and felt like I'd been zombified by the time I got there :laugh: 

There are some spectacular views en-route, esp. when it's sunny and clear, and the road meanders enough and has plenty of elevation changes to keep the drive interesting too.

7 hours ago, kernowjim said:

Ooh I don't know, I drove to Venice in mine, from Cornwall....

Now that's just masochism! :eek: :laugh: 

But well done that man, since you clearly survived :laugh: 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Cyker said:

Depending on which way you're going, no point in rushing as it's a lovely drive!

The first time I went M3-A303 to get to Budleigh Salterton years ago (Maybe even a decade at this point :eek: ), it was one of the nicest drives I've ever had, although I did it all in one go, no stops (Left at 5am to try and get there for 9!), and felt like I'd been zombified by the time I got there :laugh: 

There are some spectacular views en-route, esp. when it's sunny and clear, and the road meanders enough and has plenty of elevation changes to keep the drive interesting too.

Now that's just masochism! :eek: :laugh: 

But well done that man, since you clearly survived :laugh: 

Ah good old Budleigh Salterton, my mum and grandparents are all from there, I love that place....wish I could afford to live there!  To be honest the drive to Italy was perfectly fine and the Yaris was comfortable.  I've done it a couple of times on my motorcycle too and that IS uncomfortable!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I know that part of the world well... I am originally from Sidmouth, just a few miles east. A303 is still a nice drive but a lot of cameras and speed restrictions now. After I moved to hants, I used to go that route regularly but now only once or twice a year tops on a day trip. 

• Like 3

Yeah it's a lovely place, and the beach art they sometimes do is always entertaining - Last time I was there they'd made a penguin, a bus and Stewie from Family Guy just out of coloured rocks :laugh: 

I must admit I don't find th eYaris as comfortable as you - I did the run in my Mk1 and was a bit sore in the back but okay; I think the Mk2 would have left me mildly crippled and the Mk4 would need me air-lifted out of the car :laugh: 

I don't know what it is about the Yaris seats but they've steadily gotten less comfortable for me with each generation! :confused1:  If I hadn't found a suitable lumbar support cushion to replace my Awesome Folded Towel I wouldn't be able to drive it for more than an hour without carrying around a masseur/use to fix my back after every journey :laugh: 

• Like 3

@Cyker yes it could be the seats, I went for the Dynamic which they dropped soon after and the seats are the same as the Excel but in black and there's a wider shoulder support.  Never had an issue with lumbar and I've had my fair share of sciatica etc over the years.  Parked my bike behind a MK4 Yaris today and noticed the rear tyres were also worn on the outer edges and that had 15" wheels on it, so maybe it's just a MK4 Yaris quirk.

• Like 2

@trashman1965

Love Sidmouth, my aunty still lives there and she's 91.  Been to the Jazz Festival plenty of times but can't make it this year

• Like 2

The MK4 doesn't come with 15" unless a Mazda hybrid or....... Cykers' car 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mojo1010 said:

The MK4 doesn't come with 15" unless a Mazda hybrid or....... Cykers' car 😂

ah OK, it was the version with the silver alloy wheels, icon?  I assumed they were 15"

• Like 2

23 hours ago, kernowjim said:

I've done it a couple of times on my motorcycle too and that IS uncomfortable!

Was that a B.S.A.? The filter will probably not like it's meaning!

15 hours ago, kernowjim said:

ah OK, it was the version with the silver alloy wheels, icon?  I assumed they were 15"

16” wheels on icon models. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mojo1010 said:

MK4 doesn't come with 15" unless a Mazda hybrid or....... Cykers' car 😂

Or EU version 😛

• Like 1

Or Irish version! :laugh: 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links