Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

PAULA RADCLIFFE

daktari

Is she a fighter or quiter?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Is she a fighter or quiter?

• Fighter
    • Quitter
    • Whinger

Did the weather suddenly turn cooler for allthe other runners then?

even a Ethiopian decided to back out, cause of the tempertature.

"Everyone in our Town is very proud of her."

yup! that gelassi bloke!! legend he is!

it is the winning, not the participation, otherwise it'd be pointless taking part!

If everyone thought like that and gave up due to not being in the medals, every event would only have 3 participants in it!

How exciting is that? 3 runners in the athletics! All the others are in the bar saying

“Got no chance of a medal, may as well stay here, make mine a pint”

:D

how can you people says she's a quitter!!!

i'd like to see you do a marathon in 40c. i now pretty damn well i couldn't; and i do run marathons.

i used to run with her when she still lived in Northwich, my heart goes out for her you cant imagine the grief she is feeling at the moment, the fact she feels like she let down all off her fans and sponsers is a big burden to carry.

OK she shouldn't of done the 10k, there was no way her body was going to recouperate in time, but she went and had a go. she is very strong minded.

no doubt she be winning more races once more very soon. and proving all you doubters wrong!!

She's a whining, whinging sniveling quitter IMHO. She wasn't the ONLY one in the race, and the others didn't quit just because they were out of the medal positions. The other brits did superbly well to come where they did, and the American girl came from down in 20th to come 3rd! Now that's grit. She didn't give up because she was out of the medals.

Every race Paula Radcliffe has won, she's won from the front. Nobody to challenge her awesome abilty to lead quickly and put real distance on the whole pack, but now that there's a few runners AS good, if not better, she had a race on her hands, and couldn't hack it. As soon as the bronze medal position was gone, SHE GAVE UP!!! What a disgracefull attitude. "If I can't have a medal, I'm not playing!"

I was surprised she even contemplated going in the 10k.

Whinging :censor:

beach volleyball, whens that on. i can still remember the beach volleyball match between the brazlian and italian women in the states.... aaaaah, those were the days :D

:censor: the runners Ive mostly been paying attention to the beach volleyball and the womens footy. :rolleyes:

now youre talkin!!! :drool:

QUOTE (Tom.B @ Aug 28 2004, 04:21 PM)

the runners Ive mostly been paying attention to the beach volleyball and the womens footy. 

now youre talkin!!! 

:D :D :D :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

She's a superb athelete even if she's not the best in 40C heat. She didn't ask for all the attention - if fact she could've done without the pressures of everyone expecting her to do well and the scrutiny in the aftermarth.

Competing at that level requires commitment which is completely incomprehensible to most people. Why are there so many fair weather "fans" of our sportspeople?

Competing at that level requires commitment which is completely incomprehensible to most people. Why are there so many fair weather "fans" of our sportspeople?

Probably because there are so many fair weather competitors. :(

Paula wanted nothing more than a medal and if she wants to try and save herself for other events she should.

The other GB athletes are not in the same boat as her, they probbly only race in one event and do not have the expectations of the country.

If she came in 15th you would probably be calling her a looser!

If she'd have come 15th then at least shes tried and given it all she had

She's a superb athlete...but had a bad day.

I used to run competitvily, and at once point was 6th fastest in England....several women and a broken ankle later brought that to an abupt end.

However I know what it's like, to train for something day in and day out, having super pre championship runs and then the day comes...and you just feel like :censor: your legs just don't want to know.

Like the mens 4x100m for example..the USA are the best..however an error on the day..and they lost it. Now us brits are all jumping up and down saying our guys were the best...and we didn't even get a medal in the 100/200 indivual events... we would have lost if it wasn't for their mistake.

Were all to quick to ridicule thouse who don't produce on the day...and all to quick to run everyones else nose in it when we get a lucky win.

She was struggling in the marathon, and when she couldn't hold that third place...that's when she knew she was going backwards.

she's very experienced. She'll know when she's able to run through the hard spots and give her legs a rest. She didn't make the choice to pull up lightly, it was a tough decision, but you can hardly call her a quiter, she's the best in the world after all. Would have been nice to see some coverage of the other British compeitirs though...but then again it's not our film crews out there, so they always focus on the leaders.

What makes my blood boil though is the amount of money they get!! what happened to Amateur athletics! she gets around 2 million a year!

Vipes

Like the mens 4x100m for example..the USA are the best..however an error on the day..and they lost it. Now us brits are all jumping up and down saying our guys were the best...and we didn't even get a medal in the 100/200 indivual events... we would have lost if it wasn't for their mistake.

Were all to quick to ridicule thouse who don't produce on the day...and all to quick to run everyones else nose in it when we get a lucky win.

I wish we were instead of whinging about poor Paula!!

Now Kelly Holmes is a different story!! She easily won the 1500m and deserves it all. Did excellent to win the 800 too!!! :thumbsup: :D

If she'd have come 15th then at least shes tried and given it all she had

PRECISELY!!!

and kelly holmes, that an athlete, a proper fighter, remember all those injections she needed to keep her movin?! she carried on regardless and did her best :yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links