Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Touch2 gen3 USB2

flash22

It has taken me a while to find a cost effective solution to add a second USB to the Touch2, the main issue is the connectors which JAE will not supply unless it is a completely made harness and Toyota wants silly money

I went hunting one evening and came across Toyota LVDS cables on Aliexpress these are the same type but keyed differently to the GV or USB (2) on the touch2, took a punt on 2 cables - these are only 2 pins, ideally you need a 3 pin (data +, data- and a shield)

all these connectors need is 1 keyway removed, be aware once this is removed the connector will fit the GV (green) and USB (white sockets) in our case all we want is Data+ and - from the USB socket

lvds.thumb.jpg.9564f8b1274e6ed888eaa1a32d5c0996.jpg

lvds1.thumb.jpg.71a9217e6cc68c40ee2cd1ecb7fb093f.jpg

more info to follow........................

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, flash22 said:

It has taken me a while to find a cost effective solution to add a second USB to the Touch2, the main issue is the connectors which JAE will not supply unless it is a completely made harness and Toyota wants silly money

I went hunting one evening and came across Toyota LVDS cables on Aliexpress these are the same type but keyed differently to the GV or USB (2) on the touch2, took a punt on 2 cables - these are only 2 pins, ideally you need a 3 pin (data +, data- and a shield)

all these connectors need is 1 keyway removed, be aware once this is removed the connector will fit the GV (green) and USB (white sockets) in our case all we want is Data+ and - from the USB socket

Use either of these. They work well splitting existing usb in two. 

IMG_0328.jpeg

IMG_0327.jpeg

i think you missed the point

if you use AA or ACP it takes full control of that USB port this is a second USB port mod

the standard usb port is limited to 500ma the second port is data only and uses a separate 5v supply or the data can be used for USB-C PD and data module (12v high speed charge)

the Prius still used the older Touch2 Gen2

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2024 at 7:17 PM, flash22 said:

Very interesting.

But, apart taking 5V and GND from somewhere else,  what could you do with this USB port?   Can it be used as a data source for music ( as USB1 ) or the multimedia software reserves it for other uses? 

yes, it's a second USB port, all USB ports have a separate supply circuit as long as it is 5V and current limited no issue (5v supply on the radio F130 pin 10 and pin 11 gnd)

funny enough just this afternoon I was having a play with the USB, USB-C and PD

• Like 1

16 hours ago, flash22 said:

yes, it's a second USB port, all USB ports have a separate supply circuit as long as it is 5V and current limited no issue (5v supply on the radio F130 pin 10 and pin 11 gnd)

funny enough just this afternoon I was having a play with the USB, USB-C and PD

So you succeded in playing music from an USB key while using wired Android Auto ?

Not yet, still doing other tests atm

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links