Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

23 Corolla Estate 2litre - Low Frequency Noise at 70mph

Devine

Hello all, 

Have any of you noticed as you approach 70 or even at 70, that there is an uncomfortable low frequency buffeting rumble? A very wallowy low sound almost like  that horrible air pressure sound where there is a window open somewhere. Its definitely not tyre noise, and I've checked all the windows. Only thing I can think is either a wheel balance issue, but I can't feel any unnecessary vibration in the steering. Or there is a piece of body work somewhere under the car maybe that is causing this at higher speeds?

I am on Corolla Estate number 2. First was a 2.0 litre Excel. This one is a 2.0 GR. This issue is only apparent on my 2023 GR.

Anybody else with similar issue?

cheers

not on my 2024

if related to speed you can strongly suspect wheels issue

I had a similar sound on my Volvo. I took it to the dealer but they couldn't find anything. About a month later I was checking the tyres as it was annoying, and found a really small worn patch on the rear tyre (you could see the cord 😱 about the size of a 50p coin). If the wheel was at a different orientation I'd have missed it. Looking, I realised there was no balance weight in the wheel, I guess I must've clipped a kerb sometime. 

Something to check. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links