Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clutch for iq

Robert Ainsworth

Hi Everyone, just been told my clutch needs replacing plus verious parts 

any suggestions? 
Rob.

get the clutch replaced ???

get the garage to supply and fit, any issues or failures it's down to the garage to sort it - if you supply the clutch you are on the hook for any extra labour to rectify any issues

it will be a clutch kit (clutch, pressure plate and bearing) LUK or OEM

• Like 1

Depending on location you could try this guy. It’s a pleasure to watch him work

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, 

New here. Recently bought an IQ as a little project. 

I have just done the clutch on mine on the driveway, as it was slipping a little but mostly because the bite point was so high. I have 2 IQ's, 1 is the wife's and this one is mine. 

How mechanically minded are you? It is not a massive job, I did it with a single trolley jack and 2 axle stands. I am happy to offer pointers if need be. 

Many thanks. 

• Like 1

It looks much harder than Aygo/C1/107. Credit to you for doing it yourself. Lots of 💰 saved

Haha thanks Zed, not sure if I am brave or stupid! 

When I was finished, I said to the wife that if ever hers goes wrong, its going to a garage. This was just after helplessly trying to get the bell housing back onto the side of the engine for 2 hours. 

Apart from refitting the gearbox, it was actually a really nice little project. Clutch kit from QH cost £94 including a CSC, and bleeding took about 5 minutes. Changed gearbox oil, engine oil, filters, and all brake fluid and a host of knackered suspension components (including wheel bearings and a lay shaft bearing) at the same time. Also did a compressor belt to boot, but didn't have the correct alternator belt at the time to do this one too. 

If you have an impact gun and £20 for a clutch aligning tool, have a go. It isn't a bad job. A workshop manual would have helped with torque settings, but seeing it was a project I just tightened things as tight as I thought they should be. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links