Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Service Delay

Roker

My Corolla is due for service and was surprised that the 4 Toyota dealers within 25 mile of me are fully booked for about 6 weeks. Are Toyota selling that well or Is there a shortage of staff, this means I am going over my service limit with inherent problems namely oil change

HI Dan,did you not ask the Toyota dealers why such a long delay for your service. I suspect it's seasonal demand that is causing this problem. :smile:

Ah, Dan, some must be using the App.  I booked my service 6 weeks ago and about 8 days earlier than predicted.   I allowed for journeys that Toyota were not aware of and booked for yesterday.

Mileage when I took it in was 20 008.

However a message popped up on the main display telling me an out change was due at about 20 450.  Fair enough,  a little bit of flex was good, but I could not clear that message and lost my distance to go, mpg and instant mpg displays. 

Bob, for the average mileage user, March should be a spike for 10k/20k servicing. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Same with me about a 3 week delay. (service + MOT so that might have also impacted)

When I had the DC/DC converter upgrade the app counted that as a new service date so when the car went in a few weeks ago the ago was still saying I had 90 days to go.

On 5/31/2024 at 6:40 PM, Roker said:

Are Toyota selling that well or Is there a shortage of staff

General shortage of staff in the repair trade, most modern youth just don't want to be mechanics any more & as the older ones retire it gets harder to fill the positions to replace them. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links