Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

what is the name of this part?

central161

Hi all , I have recentley noticed a  a noise coming from the steering rack area on my Toyota Aygo 2014 ( old shape) after extensive checks I have finally found out that a rubber that sits on top of the subframe facing the centre of the rack  has detiriorated and is banging against it's own pin however I don't know the correct name of this rubber bung ,to be able to order one .

Any help will be greatley appreciated .

IMG_2508.png

It looks like a mount of some kind, but it doesn't appear to be doing anything right now and it's hard for me to tell from the camera angle what it should actually be joined to. I can only assume it's the rack, but that appears to be a long distance away! There appears to be a couple of circular witness marks - can you see anything on the rack that may have once joined with those marks? Maybe a clevis of some sort?

You are right , thanks for getting back to me , it is  doing my head in as i litterally can't see what is the pourpuse of this rubber bung sitting there . As you said the rack is too far back for it to stop anything and on the front of it where you can see the circular  marks there is nothing... This car has never had any modifications and it is all original as far as i am aware . It had one previous lady driver  a midwife and i got it of Avaialbe Car with 53000 miles on the clock.

the official name is a front suspension member dynamic damper - it's used to reduce vibration through the subframe

likely causes for front-end noise are drop links and anti-roll bar bushings

• Like 1

flash22 thank you soooo much .I will try and get a new one now that i know the name, tha car had last week new struts , new springs , new lower bush/arm on both sides and new anti roll bar drop links I will renew this one if i can now , thank you sooooooo much .

have the roll bar bushes been changed ? has it had a proper 4-wheel alignment, when the springs were done did they do the top mounts?

yes they all been done just waiting for wheel alignment on Monday

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links