Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Question about headlights

Soukri

Hi, I’m in the process of buying a Toyota Corolla sedan hybrid 2024 active plus trim (mid grade) in Greece . The thing is even the dealer don't know what the headlights are led or halogen . I asked other dealers and it’s 50-50 split some say it’s led some say there was no difference in 2024 model for headlights. 

I asked official Toyota costumer service in Greece they told me it’s led .

in October I will get the car, how can I be sure 100% that they are led or halogen . It’s quite expensive and it’s a shame to not have at least a led lower/high beams 

Hi, 

Most likely will be led headlights. Toyota only use halogen bulbs headlights in their entry level models and depending on the market. Try to avoid these as they are so poor at night you won’t be able to drive.
The leds has bluish appearance at night where the halogen has yellowish. 

The only issue with Toyota leds headlights is that they are sealed units and if any led gets burned which they do sometimes it is ultra expensive to replace. But this apply to all new cars with leds and I still prefer to have leds over halogen because these latest halogens are so bad I don’t know how they can be legal. 

17 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Hi, 

Most likely will be led headlights. Toyota only use halogen bulbs headlights in their entry level models and depending on the market. Try to avoid these as they are so poor at night you won’t be able to drive.
The leds has bluish appearance at night where the halogen has yellowish. 

The only issue with Toyota leds headlights is that they are sealed units and if any led gets burned which they do sometimes it is ultra expensive to replace. But this apply to all new cars with leds and I still prefer to have leds over halogen because these latest halogens are so bad I don’t know how they can be legal. 

Thank you for your comment , there are 3 trims in Greece sedan version . Active - active plus - style . I know style have led for sure but I don’t know about active plus. When I was checking the official site they have a brochure of the 2023 model and it’s says that the active plus trim doesn’t have led . It would be a shame for a car 28,600 euro to not have led and have a halogen . Even Toyota Yaris have led 😄

Top spec Corolla saloon in Ireland costs just over €40k and comes with bi beam halogen headlights. However it is possible to led headlights on the Corolla hatchback, touring sports and Cross here. Not sure of the spec in Greece but it is very possible the spec your looking at only has halogen headlights. Your dealer should really be able to advise you.

11 minutes ago, doney84 said:

Top spec Corolla saloon in Ireland costs just over €40k and comes with bi beam halogen headlights. However it is possible to led headlights on the Corolla hatchback, touring sports and Cross here. Not sure of the spec in Greece but it is very possible the spec your looking at only has halogen headlights. Your dealer should really be able to advise you.

You are right I just check it and it’s the top tier model, and it’s has bi- beam halogen . The headlights look the same with the one trim in Greece 

If there are two separate bulbs for dipped and Main beams you won’t have any issues and can easily upgrade to better bulbs , however if it’s only one bulb filament for both dipped and main beam and the light pattern is adjustable via reflector device built into the projector lens you will see how bad these are and not much of improvement when  you upgrade the bulbs

9 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

If there are two separate bulbs for dipped and Main beams you won’t have any issues and can easily upgrade to better bulbs , however if it’s only one bulb filament for both dipped and main beam and the light pattern is adjustable via reflector device built into the projector lens you will see how bad these are and not much of improvement when  you upgrade the bulbs. 

What I was thinking is when I got it and they are really halogens , I was thinking to go turkey and change the whole headlight unit for the led one. Are they the same design ? They have both projectors but the one has integrated led in it and the other halogen am i correct? 

the headlight units dimensions etc. They should be the same I think , just the design changes 

7 hours ago, Soukri said:

What I was thinking is when I got it and they are really halogens , I was thinking to go turkey and change the whole headlight unit for the led one. Are they the same design ? They have both projectors but the one has integrated led in it and the other halogen am i correct? 

the headlight units dimensions etc. They should be the same I think , just the design changes 

Hi, 

I can’t answer this question I am afraid. There is a post about these changes in the forum but for hatchback or TS models which maybe slightly different. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links