Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auto headlights - Corolla TS 2024

atrinity

I've got a 2024 Corolla Touring Sport with only 2200 km on it, and the auto high beams just aren't working right. Even when it's super dark out, they barely ever turn on. This is really weird because my last car, a 2022 Yaris Cross, had auto high beams that worked perfectly. Plus, my wife's 2019 Corolla has high beams that kick in exactly when they're supposed to.

It's frustrating because I've driven in all kinds of dark places, but the high beams still don't come on like they should. I really miss the convenience and safety of the auto high beams, especially since our older Toyotas did such a great job with this feature. I live in the countryside, and some roads are really dark. The other day, I was driving on an extremely dark road with no artificial lights - My car was the only car there, and the high beams didn't work. When I approached some lights near a shopping mall, the auto lights worked for a few seconds. 🤡

Yes, my lights are set on "AUTO" mode, and I have the "Auto beam" button activated. Has anyone else had this issue or have some tips?

Thanks!

I believe they may only activate above a certain speed?

I'm in the country but never use them due to pedestrians & cyclists as I dip my lights to avoid dazzling them. 

10 hours ago, atrinity said:

I've got a 2024 Corolla Touring Sport with only 2200 km on it, and the auto high beams just aren't working right. Even when it's super dark out, they barely ever turn on. This is really weird because my last car, a 2022 Yaris Cross, had auto high beams that worked perfectly. Plus, my wife's 2019 Corolla has high beams that kick in exactly when they're supposed to.

It's frustrating because I've driven in all kinds of dark places, but the high beams still don't come on like they should. I really miss the convenience and safety of the auto high beams, especially since our older Toyotas did such a great job with this feature. I live in the countryside, and some roads are really dark. The other day, I was driving on an extremely dark road with no artificial lights - My car was the only car there, and the high beams didn't work. When I approached some lights near a shopping mall, the auto lights worked for a few seconds. 🤡

Yes, my lights are set on "AUTO" mode, and I have the "Auto beam" button activated. Has anyone else had this issue or have some tips?

Thanks!

Have you checked the ‘light sensitivity’ in the cars setting menu?

Andre,

Have a good read of the handbook re auto high beam.  The lighting stalk has to be in the right position for it to work.  I believe the 2024 Corolla is different to earlier years.

I don't use AHB as it doesn't work all that well but the latest models have an improved system that forum members report is much better.

• 4 months later...

According to the handbook (P213 onwards) the lighting stork should be in the low beam (dipped) position for AHB though I have seen instructions on the internet appearing to show the stork pushed forward (high beam) for AHB which certainly doesn't work on my 2024 model. Although I have had my Corolla since April, I used AHB for the first time last night and I was impressed by the sensitivity and speed of operation compared to my previous car - VW Tiguan - where the system could be dangerously slow to respond.

I keep the lighting in Auto and the AHB button permanently illuminated so that AHB is ready to use. On a related point, since I spend roughly half of the year in France I looked for the setting for driving on the right but there was nothing. Am I correct in assuming that it changes automatically? It displays "Welcome to France" when we leave St. Malo so the car "knows" where we are and welcomes us back to the UK when we arrive at Portsmouth.

6 hours ago, Paul 85 said:

According to the handbook (P213 onwards) the lighting stork should be in the low beam (dipped) position for AHB though I have seen instructions on the internet appearing to show the stork pushed forward (high beam) for AHB which certainly doesn't work on my 2024 model. Although I have had my Corolla since April, I used AHB for the first time last night and I was impressed by the sensitivity and speed of operation compared to my previous car - VW Tiguan - where the system could be dangerously slow to respond.

I keep the lighting in Auto and the AHB button permanently illuminated so that AHB is ready to use. On a related point, since I spend roughly half of the year in France I looked for the setting for driving on the right but there was nothing. Am I correct in assuming that it changes automatically? It displays "Welcome to France" when we leave St. Malo so the car "knows" where we are and welcomes us back to the UK when we arrive at Portsmouth.

From what I know, the LED beams are classified as "flat" so there's no need for a UK/Europe setting to prevent dazzling road users on the other side.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links