Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

6 speed to 5 speeds conversion Toyota Auris mk1

Wellboss

Currently have a 2012 1.4 d4d Toyota Auris 1st generation with the 6 speed gear box and I’m getting the typically issues where I can’t get into 1st gear and for day to day it’s ok . But I’m wanting to insure my daughter on the car to learn to drive and obviously that wouldn’t be ideal to learn. I have been quoted €1200 to get a new gear box and €700 to refurb my own one . But I can get my hands on a 2007 Auris that drives for free as it’s too rusty to go back on the road . This car is also a 1.4 d4d so I’d assume the ratios are similar apart from the final drive but my question is has anyone converted a 6 speed to the 5 speed I don’t care if I lost some top end speed I only drive around 80k roads anyways 

my worries are the shafts are different clutch different Speedo might not work and maybe the new shafts might not go into my hubs

Has anyone done this conversion?

TIA

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links