Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

360 degree camera

Trewithy

Anyone got a 2024 Yaris Cross?  does it come with, or can you specify a 360 degree camera.

Waaa wish my Yaris could have that! :crybaby: 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The 360 is available as part of the safety pack on the Excel and GR models and standard on the Premiere 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The 2021 YC Premiere that I've recently bought, I went out of my way to find one with the 360 cameras.  Now that I have them, I'd hate to not have them.  Absolutely excellent 👌 

Shame Toyota do not incorporate these cameras also as 360 dash cam recording, how hard can that be !!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, 152bobby said:

The 2021 YC Premiere that I've recently bought, I went out of my way to find one with the 360 cameras.  Now that I have them, I'd hate to not have them.  Absolutely excellent 👌 

Shame Toyota do not incorporate these cameras also as 360 dash cam recording, how hard can that be !!!

I suspect very hard, the processing power to constantly record from them and stitch the images together and have them record at a decent frame rate to a recording device can be taxing on any processing unit. Showing realtime video is far less taxing as you can just pipe the feed straight to the screen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MardyMarvin said:

I suspect very hard, the processing power to constantly record from them and stitch the images together and have them record at a decent frame rate can be taxing on any processing unit. Showing then realtime is far less taxing and I suspect that are a slow frame rate.

Yes, I probably agree, but if Toyota (or any car manufacturer) got into partnership with Garmin, ThinkWare, Nextbase etc, it would happen pretty quickly, it's totally doable, Tesla are heading in the right direction with it.  It's similar to how Garmin integrated with the car manufacturers with their sat navs !!

1 minute ago, 152bobby said:

Yes, I probably agree, but if Toyota (or any car manufacturer) got into partnership with Garmin, ThinkWare, Nextbase etc, it would happen pretty quickly, it's totally doable, Tesla are heading in the right direction with it.  It's similar to how Garmin integrated with the car manufacturers with their sat navs !!

It would be an interesting idea but would be costly. The tesla camera videos from what I have seen are terrible quality but something is better the nothing when trying to prove who hit who or why.

Give it a few years more and It might become some safety feature that NCAP gives more points for. 

On 6/6/2024 at 7:29 PM, ColinB said:

The 360 is available as part of the safety pack on the Excel and GR models and standard on the Premiere 

For the 24 MY Yaris Cross the advanced safety pack ( which includes the 360 degree panoramic view monitor ) is standard on Excel & Premiere versions.

The advanced safety pack is an £990 optional extra for the GR Sport. 

Advanced Safety Pack: Front & Rear parking sensors with Intelligent Clearance Sonar and Automatic braking, Blind Spot Monitor, Safe Exit Assist, Lane Change Assist, Advanced Parking Assist, 360 Panoramic View Monitor (PVM)

• Like 2

For anyone that wants to order a new Yaris Cross be a wear that the Yaris Cross brochure currently available on the Toyota website is still dated December 2022 & the information is very out of date

The May 2024 pricelist currently on the Toyota website give's a better idea but a Toyota main dealer should have a 2024 model year briefing guide for the updated Yaris Cross with the correct specification information in. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links