Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Acquiring connected radio signal...

Extreme_One

Sometimes, when the DAB (and rarely the FM) signal drops out I see a popup on the screen saying Acquiring connected radio signal...

When this signal is acquired the audio quality is vastly superior to DAB, and even slightly better than FM. 

It's clearly using a better, less compressed codec.

In the settings it's listed as "Internet Radio" and you can enable it, disable it and set it up to be used automatically, or on request.

But it only ever uses this Internet Radio stream if FM or DAB fails.

What I can't find is a way of defaulting to this stream instead of the standard DAB / FM.

Any ideas?

It changes to Internet radio for me a few times a week, mostly stuck in traffic in black spots, I know its going to kick in on that particular journey. I agree it does sound louder and clearer but I find one rather large problem with the station I listen to most. Its an American stream, adverts and all. 🤣

I just press the mode button on the steering wheel to try kick it back into DAB. I have not tried to find the internet stream as standard so unfortunately cant help with that.

• Haha 1

Unfortunately I think that you can only have the car use the internet radio as a fallback.

My radio swaps to the internet a fair bit because of signal loss (it's worse than my last car, I don't think that the Toyota aerial/set is great for reception). I'd love the option to stick with the internet because there's a significant time difference between the two (causing the transmission to skip backwards & forwards when it switches) and the volume is different.

• Like 1

Hi. Has it ever stopped working. Mine used to work everyday., constantly switching between internet and DAB. Now it just stays on dab with no signal. 

I have a 17month ch-r. Is there a time limit or data limit?

You need to have Internet Radio enabled in the audio settings and Smart Services enabled on the MyToyota app for it to work.

Seems to be active for 4 years

Thanks.

I've checked and internet radio is enabled with it set to auto not manual. Also the services in the app are still activated. I've also tried it with my phone plugged in and WiFi tethering so it can access the internet through my phone. Basically to my knowledge nothing has been touched/altered and it has packed in.

What makes it worse is I fit car audio for a living and this is something I should be able to sort out myself. But it's stumped me.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links