Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Can't see anything on the navigator when it's very sunny

Vito Botta

Hi all,

I have a 2013 Toyota Auris with navigator, and when there is a lot of light I can't see anything at all on the navigator so it can be a big problem at times. What can I do? is there something I can by that could help solve or at least mitigate this issue?\

Thanks!

Hello In the middle of the dial as the kilometers are shown, that round button (if it is round) when you press and hold it in the corresponding setting, it dims and dims the light on the whole dashboard and probably on the navigator as well

7 minutes ago, xrhstosgr said:

Hello In the middle of the dial as the kilometers are shown, that round button (if it is round) when you press and hold it in the corresponding setting, it dims and dims the light on the whole dashboard and probably on the navigator as well

Hi! Not sure I understand. Can you clarify? 🙂

8 minutes ago, xrhstosgr said:

Hi, not sure I understand. Can you clarify? thanks!

12 minutes ago, Vito Botta said:

Γεια, δεν είμαι σίγουρος ότι κατάλαβα. Μπορείτε να διευκρινίσετε; ευχαριστώ!

It's the same button when you reset the mileage

Christos refers to dimming button from the clocks that adjusts the illumination of the dash, switches and navigator screen; this dimming function works only when switch on the lights.

During the day when the lights are off, navigator display illuminates at maximum, you can even adjust it's contrast, at maximum of course.

The problem with visualization appears when the sun lights directly the screen, this time you can not see anything.

A solution is, not too aesthetic, a sun visor special designed for LCD screens.

Screenshot_20240608-0741432.thumb.png.a86c995096bd51dcb866b388fb9b6c92.png

• Like 1

I have this issue as well. In strong sunlight there is so much glare on the navigation (infotainment) screen it is impossible to use. I've looked for a suitable visor, but none that are specifically made for the Auris. Has anyone bought a visor that fits and can be recommended?

Thanks guys about the tip on the dimming thing. I will see if I can do it when I am in the car. But I was thinking about a visor like what @tavy mentioned. Are those effective?

• Like 1

Have you checked the day/night setting mode on the nav display?

• 3 weeks later...

In the meantime I found and bought a sunhood and it works! It doesn't eliminate the problem completely if there is really a lot of light but almost. So I am happy

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Vito Botta said:

bought a sunhood and it works...

Don't keep the details to yourself!  Which one did you buy? Where did you buy it? Online? (Website address?)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links